cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

made my day

richardwise
Explorer
Explorer
Today, my morning walk at the mall was torture. Every thing I broke in my accident 5 years ago was quite painful today- my right leg and hip, my right side ribs, and my left ankle. Using my walker, I can do about a half mile around the mall. Yesterday, one of the other walkers approached me and thanked me, saying I was an inspiration for all the others to keep going. I've never been told I am an inspiration before, and than made this morning bearable.
6 REPLIES 6

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
richardwise wrote:
Today, my morning walk at the mall was torture. Every thing I broke in my accident 5 years ago was quite painful today- my right leg and hip, my right side ribs, and my left ankle. Using my walker, I can do about a half mile around the mall. Yesterday, one of the other walkers approached me and thanked me, saying I was an inspiration for all the others to keep going. I've never been told I am an inspiration before, and than made this morning bearable.

How wonderful that somebody actually came up and told you that! I am sure others must have thought it, but were hesitant to say anything. I'll bet it gave you a much needed shot of energy. Good for you, you definitely ARE an inspiration, even to those of us who haven't met you.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

PatrickA51
Explorer
Explorer
richardwise wrote:

Good for you sir. Keep it up !!! :B I have a Jazzy Power Chair. 😮 look here It sit's in my living room in the corner. The man that delivered it when I first became disabled had to dismantle it. Then he put it back together where it sits. Best catch all I have ever owned. :h
Being as I can't get it in or out of my condo, I do not use it. I have a cane and I also have a walker that is more of a PIA trying to get it in and out of my P/U. Look
here also
If I go somewhere that I have to do a lot of walking I get it out, but other wise I use my cane.

Again good luck and congratulations.

emzee
Explorer
Explorer
richardwise sounds like you are doing great, hang in there!!!

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Hang in there and keep living. You are an inspiration because you haven't given up.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
richardwise wrote:
6 or 7 years back I had to use a handicap scooter to go anywhere, today I can walk a couple miles. Hang in there. We can do great things and help others at it.
So big a world, so little time to see.

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
A compliment can go a long way. You obviously deserved it. Keep up the good work.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"