cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

major league parks

gsutton
Explorer
Explorer
not sure this is right place but have never seen a discussion of overnighting at major league baseball parks before or after watching game.i know a lot of the parks have pretty hefty auto parking fees and are not in the best part of town.is this even feasible to think about.
what a fun trip that would be to see a game in every major league park and go to the rv afterward.
any thoughts.
23 REPLIES 23

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
JAC1982 wrote:

Yeah but that would kind of defeat the purpose (at least how I read it) of the OP wanting to RV at each of the ballparks. Not park it a half hour+ train ride away. There's lots of options in many cities for parking it somewhere else and then making your way to the game... but that's not as fun as camping in the ballpark lot!

I'm doing the best I know to help the guy, OK? If you've a better idea then help out.

Hell, maybe he can park in Sox Park's parking lot.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
JAC1982 wrote:

Yeah but that would kind of defeat the purpose (at least how I read it) of the OP wanting to RV at each of the ballparks. Not park it a half hour+ train ride away. There's lots of options in many cities for parking it somewhere else and then making your way to the game... but that's not as fun as camping in the ballpark lot!

I think the posts so far pretty much put the kabash on the notion of staying at a ball park over night. We're all just offering potential alternatives as in staying nearby.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
irishtom29 wrote:
JAC1982 wrote:
I also know it would be a hot mess to take any kind of RV to Wrigley Field, let alone find somewhere to park it.

You can park an RV in the lot by Soldier Field and then walk a few blocks to the EL and take it south to Sox Park or north to Wrigley. If you bring bicycles you could easily ride them over to Sox Park, not far. The bike ride will take you through a couple of interesting and safe (unless you're wearing a Cubs hat) "real" Chicago neighborhoods, Chinatown and Armour Square. Wrigley is in a youth ghetto that could be any trendy modern city, no particularly Chicago flavor there.

2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
JAC1982 wrote:
I also know it would be a hot mess to take any kind of RV to Wrigley Field, let alone find somewhere to park it.

You can park an RV in the lot by Soldier Field and then walk a few blocks to the EL and take it south to Sox Park or north to Wrigley. If you bring bicycles you could easily ride them over to Sox Park, not far. The bike ride will take you through a couple of interesting and safe (unless you're wearing a Cubs hat) "real" Chicago neighborhoods, Chinatown and Armour Square. Wrigley is in a youth ghetto that could be any trendy modern city, no particularly Chicago flavor there.

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
Anaheim Stadium (Angels) has $20 "oversize vehicle parking." But for game only, not overnight. Since the team is struggling, there appears to be lots of empty space in the parking lot..attendance figures aside.

Orangeland RV park is about a mile away. If you don't mind walking, it's fine for a trip to the ballpark-I've done it quite a few times. Although I haven't done it, a bicycle from Orangeland to Anaheim stadium should be doable.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Coors Field in Denver would be a no go. They don't even allow tailgating, and the lots are very very tight. I also know it would be a hot mess to take any kind of RV to Wrigley Field, let alone find somewhere to park it.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
There is no overnight parking available at Miller Park in Milwaukee. However there is an RV park less than 10 minutes away at State Fair Park, which itself is just a parking lot, but it could be very convenient to seeing a game.

10 minutes is relative to no traffic. The exit strategy of Miller Park is not the best and it can take 40 minutes just to get to a freeway ramp unless you hang around and wait for the bulk of the fans to leave.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

sodajerk
Explorer
Explorer
We have been to 29 ballparks. Red Sox were out of town when we were in Boston. Never tried to overnight at the park. When it worked out, we parked in a remote lot and used public transportation. We have a Class B and can fit in a regular parking spot. Some ball parks wanted us to pay a lot more and park in a special bus / rv lot. I was able to avoid the special lots so far. Boston is next spring, we will plan in using the public transportation. It is quite fun to explore all the parks and sample the food.
Happy Camping
Jim & Jo Ann
1973 Wide Body Superior Class B on a Chevy 1 Ton Van. 350 Fuel Injection
"Oldie but goodie"

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
gsutton wrote:
not sure this is right place but have never seen a discussion of overnighting at major league baseball parks before or after watching game.i know a lot of the parks have pretty hefty auto parking fees and are not in the best part of town.is this even feasible to think about.
what a fun trip that would be to see a game in every major league park and go to the rv afterward.
any thoughts.

we're actually planning a season-long trip to see at least one game in each of the 30-MLB ballparks one of these years. I can think of a few parks we've been to where ONP in the lot might be possible but in general I don't really think that's a viable option.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle