cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Member Blocking is a Blessing

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've not had to block anyone here for a long, long time, but recently the need has once again arisen. Just wanted to say thanks to the site engineers for including that feature! It makes visiting the forum enjoyable without the constant personal attacks and harassment. Mods do a good job cleaning up the public discussion but not the PMs.
25 REPLIES 25

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
On the flip side, when we had the RV.net stickers everyone thought they were great to know when someone at a campground was a member. However, sometimes that’s not a great idea! LOL
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Judging from the lack of "post's" in general, it seems most everyone is gone! In all my time on here, I think I had one character that was not only a pain on this forum but on at least 2 of 3 other forums too. My problem was my user name is the same so I was easy to find. Oh well....just happy to see a few new post daily here now!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
I’m not sure why but a few years back someone here suddenly had a huge issue with me. We hadn’t even had any interaction prior to that. I ignored their trolling for a few weeks. Then the PM’s started. That was the end for me, click goes the ‘happy’ (ignore) button.

Within a couple days I started getting bothered on another forum by a person with a different user name and location. I’d learned by then so I again clicked on the ‘happy button’.

Within hours I got a REALLY nasty PM from the site Admin warning me of dire consequences that would result from blocking a moderator.

Yup, the troll here was a moderator there, but ‘undercover’ here.

I replied with screen captures of the offending messages and was told to shape up or ship out. I never even replied, I’ve never been back since.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wadcutter wrote:
For some reason started sending me PMs....

Exactly! I get along with just about everybody, and of course we all have differences in opinion from time to time...but when I got a PM offering to provide counseling for my "social issues" that was a hard stop for me.

I've noticed lately that the word "polite" is no longer in our vocabularies...yes, you are entitled to have whatever opinion you like, but that doesn't mean that everybody wants to hear it. Instead of politely keeping silent we voice our opinion loudly and if you don't like it, well, you need therapy.

*sigh*

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think I've only had one person I thought about Blocking/Ignoring, but honestly no one has ever bothered me enough to follow through on it. You know what they say: "Don't pet the sweaty things, and..."
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wadcutter wrote:

It appears he may have died in 2015.

From the parts of your post I deleted from this reply it is possible he had a change of address in 2015 and no longer has internet access.

Or a key to his door.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I also have a fairly long list of the ones that have nothing to add to the conversation,trolls, just argue or fling insults.

The funny thing is that they seem to have all dissapeared,I never see their blocked posts anymore.

Maybe these aholes and idiots have found someplace other to disparage, malign, criticize or insult others.

I agree that the Mods do a great job of cleaning up discussions,one in particular that has been here since 2004,thanks.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Wadcutter
Nomad
Nomad
There use to be a person on here who thought he was some stud from TN. Apparently he was moderately famous in some sports circles. For some reason started sending me p(o)rn PMs of men and boys performing various acts on each other. I would block him and he'd send it using a different name. Have no idea what his problems was. I contacted the moderators and they said they would not do anything unless he sent the pictures to a moderator.
It appears he may have died in 2015.
To quote Mark Twain "I have never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."
Camped in every state

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Same here but only a few so far. A grumpy old uncle Bill or Bob from canuck corn patch and another old grouch from midwest corn patch and a df from O. Cheers and see you at the rodeo.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I have a long list of pointless contributors blocked.

2_many_2
Explorer III
Explorer III
X2 :B