cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mercedes 3500 sprinter towing electrical connections

svjim
Explorer
Explorer

I am going to be towing an auto with my 2023 Thor Delano. It is built on a 2021 sprinter 3500.  In preparation for the towing I had the receiver cable tested and it showed no voltage on it.  I have seen some post indicating that the Mercedes does not put voltage on the receiver pins until an actual connection to an auto or trailer that creates a load. Does any one authoritatively know if that is true. If not  true, I have problems with my wiring for the hitch.

Thanks,

Jim

2014 Adventurer 86SBS
1999 F250 HD 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel
Bilstein Shocks,Timbrens
Hellwig Big Wig Anti-Sway bars
2 REPLIES 2

troubledwaters
Explorer III
Explorer III

I don’t know specifically about Mercedes (and not knowing which pin(s) you are testing), two things come to mind. With some companies there is a relay so it only gets power when the vehicle is running, and some companies don’t install the fuse in the fuse block, so you have to install the fuse to power it up. You may want to check those two possibilities.

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator

I don't know the "how" it works, but my 2023 MBS receiver plug works just fine for the lights for the toad. I can't really imagine that they'd wire it up without it working. Hook up a set of tow lights and find out. 

2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS