cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Missing couple camping on Padre Island confirmed dead

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
This couple from New Hampshire went missing Oct 16th after camping south of Bob Hall Pier near Corpus Christi. They went south to a remote part of the beach in Kleburg County (assuming to avoid the Nueces County parking fee) but their family never heard from them again. Their truck and RV were seen spotted crossing into Mexico a few days later. I grew up in Corpus and we camped on Padre Island multiple times when I was a kid...this is heartbreaking.
KIII news report
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran
18 REPLIES 18

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Her bil is on another forum I frequent, the family is taking it very hard. There are no answers but I cannot fathom the mentality of some members of the human species. I won't call them people.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
So sad and not trying to be insensitive BUT Iโ€™m surprised an American life is that valuable ($60K each). As easy and profitable as this one was...it will happen again. You can be killed for a lot less and one of the reasons I stopped going to or near Mexico 15+ years ago.

There are other warm areas you can drive to. Not saying boondocking is not safe as we dispersed camped 6 nights and dry camped another 30 nights this summer BUT there were other campers in the area.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
Thatโ€™s terrible. Padre has been on my list of places in want to camp since I was in grade school in early โ€˜80โ€™s
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I shared their original posts and have been following this story. Did not hear the announcement you linked to. Very sad for the family. Hope they find out what happened, and catch the person(s) responsible. Their truck and trailer was seen crossing the border in Del Rio (plates on camera) and of course, the person driving was not James. I guess it's safe to assume the person(s) responsible are now in Mexico. Has made us think twice about boondocking where you are totally alone like that.