cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MOPED / 50CC

moose888
Explorer
Explorer
Can you use a 50cc Honda motorcycle in campgrounds to run around on like a golf cart. I would like to take one with me when traveling but not if I can't use it in a campground.
6 REPLIES 6

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't count on using it.

When we used to travel on a motorcycle we were occasionally turned away at campgrounds. We were riding a whisper quiet BMW and pulling a pop up camper. Some people are very biased against motorcycles/mopeds.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
Get a Tadpole Trike, 2 wheels out front and one in the rear. Some of them fold up. Comfortable and the exercise won't hurt either. I building mine. A lot more fun than a bicycle.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
No motorbike allowed in most of the Myrtle Beach CGs. I think Apache allows them.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Do you plan to just run around the CG or ride from your site to a destination away from the CG?
If the former what about a bicycle?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

hmknightnc
Explorer
Explorer
Really depends on the campground. I don't spend much time in commercial campgrounds but the few ones I do stay at don't allow them. They rent golf carts and that cut into thier profits. I suspect anyplace that rents golf carts will say no and the ones that don't might allow it.

Linedog
Explorer
Explorer
I would say yes, as long as it's licensed for use on the street.
Poptarts and gravy, It's what's for dinner.