cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Move your chair over a bit please....

Redcatcher70
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I guess I will be putting my chair around the campfire once again.:D We sold our old unit several years ago due to health and other issues and wondered if we would ever get back into the campground again. We have been talking about renewing the RV experience a lot about the last six months or so and today we pulled the trigger.

We knew we wanted a smaller trailer than the old 24 footer we had and several days ago I was passing a small used car/RV lot and spied a used 19 foot Hi-Lo, a 19T Towlite. I brought the wife back to look it over and for a 2008 model, it was exceptional. The cooktop had never been used and it looked like the bathroom had never been touched either. The previous owner had put all the manuals and owners papers in a three ring binder and all systems checked out in working order. :C Waiting on money to get transferred from one institution to another, and I will pull it home the first of next week. I knew we would one day re-join the group, I never took the brake controller out of my truck, it has just been hanging there waiting to be used.

I told my wife I will get it home and clean it up and winterize it so it will be ready next spring and she said "do you have to winterize already?" She was more ready to go than I thought she was...:W
Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"
19 REPLIES 19

bumpus4
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome back to the flock. just a reminder--- don't forget to check the tires for age and any ware/wear damage.

happy trails,
bumpus4

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Perfect, I've been watching all the shows on tiny homes and I know that I could easily downsize to a smaller RV also. Heck, if you live in Beebe, I would think you could use it all year.

Monster9903
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome back!!!! I'm glad you are able to enjoy the camping life again. While cold weather is upon us you have the opportunity to dream of the warmer weather and preplan your future adventures! 1/2 the fun ๐Ÿ™‚
Charlie & Robin
Daughter Sam and Son Nate
2000 Chevy Silverado
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X18D

Ropdoc
Explorer
Explorer
AWESOMENESS

Redcatcher70
Explorer
Explorer
RoadXYZ, yes we plan on a trip to Hot Springs, we used to go often before RVing, but have not been in about 15 years. Have you been to Garvin Gardens during the Christmas season?

Campigloo, I have not been to LA since my Ft. Polk days in the summer of 1969. Also never got used to the chicory coffee but you never know!!!!
Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Woohoo!
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

RoadXYZ
Explorer II
Explorer II
You are not that far from Hot Springs .. where we hope to go again - but we are in the Northwest (Washington/Oregon) area ..

We loved the area around Hot Springs including the Garven Gardens which are beautiful no matter the time of year .. lovely strolling area .. plus a couple of nice rv parks ..

Welcome back and glad you shared the good news ..
Full-Time RV'rs - Grandma Marji, and Grandpa
2008 Suburban / 2004 Alpenlite TT(FT)

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
Very cool! Hope you have a great experience. If you make to south LA, look us up. We have lots of coffee!

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
This goes to show you just can't keep true Campers from camping!!!!! Welcome back!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome back! I love your wife's comment - I agree. Too bad you can't take it out somewhere local for a shakedown trip!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Redcatcher70 wrote:
Thanks everyone for the welcome back!!! I figured out a long time ago that you either LOVE RVing or you don't, and we have always enjoyed the lifestyle from tent to pop-up to travel trailer. We used to go a lot, when work would let us, then **** happens, you deal with it and go on. We are both retired now but health limits us to shorter closer to home trips so we will take what we can get, and thank God we are still able to do that. We will be enjoying some old haunts, and seeing what all Arkansas has to offer, which is a lot!!!! The coffee pot is always on, or a Diet Coke in the cooler, so stop by sometimes..........

Welcome Back!

My coffee pot will always be on for you!

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Hey, welcome back! We saved space for ya right next to the campfire, pull up a rock and have a s'more and a beer.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Always room for a few more
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Redcatcher70 wrote:
Thanks everyone for the welcome back!!! I figured out a long time ago that you either LOVE RVing or you don't, and we have always enjoyed the lifestyle from tent to pop-up to travel trailer. We used to go a lot, when work would let us, then **** happens, you deal with it and go on. We are both retired now but health limits us to shorter closer to home trips so we will take what we can get, and thank God we are still able to do that. We will be enjoying some old haunts, and seeing what all Arkansas has to offer, which is a lot!!!! The coffee pot is always on, or a Diet Coke in the cooler, so stop by sometimes..........
Just remember, it isn't always the length or distance of the trip, sometimes the shorter ones are the most pleasant, we all Camp/RV, how we do it varies, but as long as you enjoy doing it is all that matters.
When I was working, we could only get away for 3 or 4 day weekends, but when I think of how much we enjoyed them, I realize that length of time doesn't really matter.
Welcome back and happy travels.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund