cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Moving my Travel Trailer around the house

Rider7767
Explorer
Explorer
I bought another Sub Compact tractor, and it sure is handy to move my Travel Trailer around the house. It looks scary, but the little tractor is very stout and did it well.
https://youtu.be/0hiNxx4-Jlo
Tony
30 REPLIES 30

Rider7767
Explorer
Explorer
wnjj wrote:
Nice setup,you got there Rider!

Iโ€™m a little surprised your flatbed trailer has a 2โ€ ball. My 16โ€™ one is 2 5/16โ€ and I assumed any trailers that size would be. Is it commercially made or home built?

With trailers and/or property, a tractor sure is nice to have. Mineโ€™s a little larger (~3500 lbs) and the first week I owned it I built a hitch that attaches to the bucket. Iโ€™ve only ever moved smaller ATV/snowmobile trailers around with it though. Iโ€™m lucky enough to have a brother-in-law who likes to fabricate stuff. He built a 5 tine, 5โ€™ wide, 5โ€™ long brush rake that replaces the bucket. He also built a quick hitch so itโ€™s only 2 pins to do it.

My next project is a receiver hitch attachment that pins on my mini excavator in place of the bucket. That will make moving those trailers a breeze. Last year I uncoupled the cargo trailer from the truck camper and parked it, without moving the truck. I used the safety chains hooked onto the excavator bucket. It worked but wasnโ€™t as easy to guide.
It is a commercially built with a bulldog hitch. It is about half and half around here for ball size. A 2 inch is well within the limit for a 7000 lbs trailer. I have really enjoyed my tractor. My travel trailer too.
Tony

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice setup,you got there Rider!

Iโ€™m a little surprised your flatbed trailer has a 2โ€ ball. My 16โ€™ one is 2 5/16โ€ and I assumed any trailers that size would be. Is it commercially made or home built?

With trailers and/or property, a tractor sure is nice to have. Mineโ€™s a little larger (~3500 lbs) and the first week I owned it I built a hitch that attaches to the bucket. Iโ€™ve only ever moved smaller ATV/snowmobile trailers around with it though. Iโ€™m lucky enough to have a brother-in-law who likes to fabricate stuff. He built a 5 tine, 5โ€™ wide, 5โ€™ long brush rake that replaces the bucket. He also built a quick hitch so itโ€™s only 2 pins to do it.

My next project is a receiver hitch attachment that pins on my mini excavator in place of the bucket. That will make moving those trailers a breeze. Last year I uncoupled the cargo trailer from the truck camper and parked it, without moving the truck. I used the safety chains hooked onto the excavator bucket. It worked but wasnโ€™t as easy to guide.

Rider7767
Explorer
Explorer
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
Pliz post your "tight space" FIFTH WHEEL (30'+) Trailer movers.

Thanks.

~

They are made. I seen one at a camper place. It was a much bigger tractor. http://steveshitch.com/the-hitch/3-point-attachment/
Tony

Rider7767
Explorer
Explorer
Bucky Badger wrote:
Great video, I have a little Kobota 2660 and love it. You mentioned Quick hitch a few times, That's not a QH. A QH is Awesome to change out implements quickly, if your attachment are compatible

Watch some of my other videos were I made a planter, a plow, and a row hiller to change out quickly with one pin. Not to mention changing trailer balls out. I think it meets the definition of quick hitch in my book. It is a hitch, and it is quick. LOL! I know what you mean. Thank you for the kind words.
Tony

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
Great video, I have a little Kobota 2660 and love it. You mentioned Quick hitch a few times, That's not a QH. A QH is Awesome to change out implements quickly, if your attachment are compatible
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Rider7767 wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
Awesome, now I have an excuse to get a tractor!!

I've seen similar on RV dealer lots. The tighter turning radius and low speed in 1st gear really gives you a lot of control to squeeze into difficult spots.
That is as good as reason as any to get a Sub Compact tractor. One machine does it all. I mow, garden, tow, dig, and till with one engine.

Never mind, that means I need to buy a yard to mow, garden and dig in.:o
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Rider7767
Explorer
Explorer
BruceMc wrote:
New toy? Did someone say "New Toy"?

It has been worth every penny!

RV related: It's a ford gas tank moving tool:

Remainder of Motorhome fuel pump replacement project...

I built a stabilizer & square receiver on top of the drawbar to use a ball mount. No pics, but it sure works well. These are available commercially, but I had the material & time to do my own.

Here's an example:

very nice.
Tony

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Pliz post your "tight space" FIFTH WHEEL (30'+) Trailer movers.

Thanks.

~

trailerbikecamp
Explorer
Explorer
Back when I had the Keystone, I used to do the same thing with my Kubota. Still use it to move the boat between the fence and garage. Its too tight of a fit to use a conventional TV.
Dan

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
New toy? Did someone say "New Toy"?

It has been worth every penny!

RV related: It's a ford gas tank moving tool:

Remainder of Motorhome fuel pump replacement project...

I built a stabilizer & square receiver on top of the drawbar to use a ball mount. No pics, but it sure works well. These are available commercially, but I had the material & time to do my own.

Here's an example:

2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

Rider7767
Explorer
Explorer
JAC1982 wrote:
Some of my neighbors have these. I watched one plow some snow with a back blade attachment and it made me jealous.

I am not plugging my YouTube channel, but I did a video of that very thing. https://youtu.be/G0dg6Ft-nfI
Tony

Rider7767
Explorer
Explorer
samsontdog wrote:
I have a Ford tractor that I use to move my TT around on my property. Works great
I used to help an man rebuild old Ford tractors growing up. He was always teaching me something. I love the old Fords. Rock Solid.
Tony

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Some of my neighbors have these. I watched one plow some snow with a back blade attachment and it made me jealous.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

Rider7767
Explorer
Explorer
Dave in TN wrote:
I enjoyed your video. I love my sub-compact, but I know there are additional things it can be doing for me that I haven't used it for yet. I'm hoping to build a new crushed stone parking pad for my motorhome this spring and look forward to putting that bucket to use. Although, I'm a bit east of you in middle TN, and my land doesn't have one flat spot on it...so I'm learning that retaining walls are my best friend. ๐Ÿ˜„

I lived in East TN, for a number of years. I understand what you are saying.
P.S. live in Smyrna for a while too.
Tony