cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nascar at Richmond Raceway VA

murffdog
Explorer
Explorer
Never been there, does anyone know if they have dump stations?
9 REPLIES 9

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Go out on the track. get it up to about 70 mph and cut the dump valve open. I guess by now you know what I think of NASCAR. Tell me where the word restrict-or plates fits in with racing ? Oh yea' Ill buy 3 cars and this week I'll hold them back and you can win. Next week you hold em back so i can win. It's a joke.
Dennis Hoppert

murffdog wrote:
Just read that you cant stay overnight in Lot J even though I paid for two nights. If this is true, I imagine area campgrounds are already full. I can picture a madhouse, hope I didnโ€™t make a big mistake by going there.

You may want to talk to someone there.. I have never stayed in lot J.. BUT it states:

Cost: $110-$120*
Primary Location: North of the racetrack off of Meadowbridge Road through Gate 14
Gates Open: Noon on Thursday of race week. Campground will close at noon on Sunday after the race.
Amenities & Services: Dry camping only. Complimentary portable restrooms, continuous tram service on event days and parking for one (1) RV and one (1) vehicle. Shower facilities, pump-out and fresh water service available for a fee.

*price subject to change
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

murffdog
Explorer
Explorer
Just read that you cant stay overnight in Lot J even though I paid for two nights. If this is true, I imagine area campgrounds are already full. I can picture a madhouse, hope I didnโ€™t make a big mistake by going there.

murffdog
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the information, appreciate it.

murffdog
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
fpresto wrote:
I don't want to disagree with ford truck guy. There is a dump station in the main campground. I have been camping there since 1988. The dump station is at the end of the 400s row. Or in other words as you come in the main campground, go straight ahead it will be on your right. A row of Porta Potties will be right beside it.

Glad you did disagree.. I had no idea that was there.. been staying in the Laburnum South Campground for years and never a mention of that, nowhere!

You do learn something new every day....

We started staying in the new sites they added this year right on turn 3... they have 50 amp, water and sewer...

fpresto wrote:
I don't want to disagree with ford truck guy. There is a dump station in the main campground. I have been camping there since 1988. The dump station is at the end of the 400s row. Or in other words as you come in the main campground, go straight ahead it will be on your right. A row of Porta Potties will be right beside it.

Glad you did disagree.. I had no idea that was there.. been staying in the Laburnum South Campground for years and never a mention of that, nowhere!

You do learn something new every day....

We started staying in the new sites they added this year right on turn 3... they have 50 amp, water and sewer...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA

murffdog wrote:
Never been there, does anyone know if they have dump stations?

They do not.. I have been camping there for both races for 8 years +.. They have honey wagons that you can call and they will suck you dry for $40.00 ( I think )

OR

If traveling north after the race, You can stop in Americamps in Ashland, VA.. They allow you to dump at their station for a small fee.. I THINK it may be $12.00 - $15.00 >>>
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check down at the camp fire. A lot of informative NASCAR posters there.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS