cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need a Propane Grill

Geobiker
Explorer
Explorer
Need to replace our portable charcoal Weber grill with a portable propane grill of the same design. Apparently this grill has been redesigned and gets horrible reviews. So, looking at the Weber Q 1200 propane grill, but am open to suggestions. Anyone out there using one of the Weber Q series? Must be able to fit the limited storage of a class C, grills evenly, and easy clean up, which is VERY important to me. Leaving for a trip soon and RV Park doesn't allow charcoal gills; my favorite way to grill. Thanks for your input. Happy traveling.
43 REPLIES 43

Gryphonguy
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your new grill! I've enjoyed mine for the last 11 years.
2005 GMC Sierra 2500 D/A
2005 Jayco Jayflight 29BHS

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Weber Q series is the B&W of BBQ's!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
all you need to know is Webber Q, which ever is the biggest that your rig's storage will accommodate. nuff said!!!
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)

Geobiker
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the recommendations. We just bought the Weber Q 1200. I'm sure we will get the hang of cleaning this one, but I sure liked the simplicity of cleaning our Charcoal grill. Thanks again.

Happy traveling.

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
Well,, I searched and got a brand new in the box Q1000, $75. A Craigslist deal and local.
Not all the bells and whistles but it will go in the trailer and become the Camp Q!!
If we like it I will try to get a Q 1200 in a fancy color at the end of summer,,Hopefully on sale!!

Now I gotta sell or give my Road Trip Grill away!!

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
I enjoy my gas and propane Weber grills. Sorry, don't see a problem.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

BulldawgFan
Explorer
Explorer
WeberQ 2200 all the way, with folding cart. Like it so much I now roll it out at home instead of using the big SS deck grill. Cooks great. Once a year I hit it with degreaser (Simple Green) and then the pressure washer. Comes out like new!
2018 Forest River FR3 30DS
2011 GMC Terrain (Toad #1)
1993 Jeep YJ (Toad #2)
1993 EZGO Marathon 48v

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here is what I did when I wanted a Weber Q 220. Nowhere had a discounted price and I was told that Weber sets the price.

I started looking on Amazon and check daily,one day I saw at the the bottom of the ad NEW & Used at $209 regular price was $249 At Warehouse Deals $40 less but package damaged.

Thought it may work out,they have a great return policy.

2 days later it arrived,box was a little scuffed up everything inside was perfect,these things are packed!!

I have bought a lot of things at the warehouse deals and not one problem.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
Weber's pricing is a lot like Apples. Fairly fixed. It will be the same price everywhere, and I can't remember seeing a sale before.
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
I am wanting one of those Weber 1200s in Green,, but when do they usually go on sale? $200 is a little steep for a single burner.

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Weber Q for me with the optional folding cart. Going on 12 years old and it's still fine.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I have been using the O-Grill purchased at Camping World. It is portable, well made and easy to keep clean. Gets plenty hot does a good job on baked potatoes. I use it connected to the propane tank on the RV. I installed a tee at the tank with a separate single stage 10PSI regulator that is sufficient for the BTU output of most portable gas appliances with built-in regulators. I would also consider the Weber because it has a good even heat and fairly easy to keep clean. A friend has a 5th wheel TT with several quick-connects, all connected to the 11"WC pressure. We converted his Q-grill. The Weber is a less expensive alternative for the grills designed for direct connection to the low pressure of the RV system. This is accomplished by removing the regulator and installing a pig-tail hose with a quick-connector. This arrangement works very well and eliminates the need to carry propane cylinders or extra tanks. Any grill that utilizes a regulator that is separate from the control valve can be converted in this fashion.

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
tragusa3 wrote:
4x4 Dodger, you can't possibly suggest that large char broil as an option for a traveling grill?

Absolutely. While it is not ideal. It is a real grill. Further while in Mexico I designed and had built a 3 foot bumper for the back of my trailer where I mounted my generator.

There is still plenty of room for this grill back there and it is not very heavy. The other option is for me to remove the cook/grill part from the base and use it on my current grill table which I needed for the Weber anyway.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Coming from the boating world I brought one of these with me. Take your pick on the style. All SS will last for years & is easy to clean. We have an original sized kettle style with a surface mount.

The actual mount was put in a corner of my basement slide tray but a block was also made to be clamped to any picnic table seat & grill sticks into that. For the times when there is no picnic table I also made a plug that goes into the truck receiver hitch with a hole drilled into it so that the grill can be mounted there too.

No grilling on the ground for me.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995