cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need some Opinions On These Numbers

Texmac1011
Explorer
Explorer
I would appreciate opinions from those with more experience than me, regarding these numbers. I bought the trailer and WDH from an individual. At 1st glance, it looks like I am too light on the front axle but the front came back down with the WDH to the distance recommended by Ford. Also, it looks like the spring bars may be too small. The truck, trailer and spring bars all sit level when the WDH is hooked up, with the bars hooked on the 3rd link. All help/opinions are appreciated!

2012 F-250 Gas (3.73)
14000# lb Eaz Lift WDH with 1000# bars
Front GAWR 5200
Rear GAWR 6100
GVWR 10000#
GCWR 19000#
Weights in lbs. Front Axle Rear Axle Trailer Axle Total
Truck Loaded 4455 3395 7850
Truck/Trailer W/O WDH 3980 5040 8520 17540
Truck/Trailer With WDH 4240 4660 8640 17540

Trailer Weight 9690
Tongue Weight 1170
Tongue Weight % 12%

Weight Transfer to Front 260
Weight Transfer to Rear -380
Weight Transfer to Trailer 120
4 REPLIES 4

Texmac1011
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the opinion Ron. Yes, I use 2 sway control bars. I understand you now about the weight in 5# increments. I added 155# to each axle weight to account for me and 4 dogs that weren't in the truck when it was weighed.

Ron_Gratz
Explorer
Explorer
Your numbers look great.
All "Truck/Trailer With WDH" values are under respective ratings.
I assume your truck has the 1250# receiver rating?

Your front axle load restoration value of 260/475 = 55% is well in line with Fords implied value of 50%.

Your indicated TW% of 12% is a little smaller than I would choose for a trailer of that length.
If you're not already doing so, I would recommend two friction sway bars.

Ron

P.S. I'm still curious how you got "Truck Loaded" weights with 5# resolution when the other weights appear to have 20# resolution. :h

Texmac1011
Explorer
Explorer
Ron Gratz wrote:
Texmac1011 wrote:
I would appreciate opinions from those with more experience than me, regarding these numbers.---
The numbers, at first glance, look very good -- but I have a couple questions.

1) Where did you get the "Truck Loaded" axle weights? It's quite unusual to see weights with a resolution of 5#. Usually it's 20#.

2) What is the wheelbase of your truck?

3) What type of WDH do you have? Was the weight of the WDH/bars included in the "Truck Loaded" weights? If so, was the WDH in the receiver?

4) When the "Truck Loaded" weights were determined, was the passenger/cargo load in/on the truck the same as when the other weights were measured?

Ron

1. Truck was weighed on a CAT scale at a Love's truck stop.
2. 142" wheel base.
3. 14000# Eaz Lift WDH w/1000# bars. It was in the receiver, but I didn't have the bars in the truck.
4. yes

Ron_Gratz
Explorer
Explorer
Texmac1011 wrote:
I would appreciate opinions from those with more experience than me, regarding these numbers.---
The numbers, at first glance, look very good -- but I have a couple questions.

1) Where did you get the "Truck Loaded" axle weights? It's quite unusual to see weights with a resolution of 5#. Usually it's 20#.

2) What is the wheelbase of your truck?

3) What type of WDH do you have? Was the weight of the WDH/bars included in the "Truck Loaded" weights? If so, was the WDH in the receiver?

4) When the "Truck Loaded" weights were determined, was the passenger/cargo load in/on the truck the same as when the other weights were measured?

Ron