Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Member from Indiana

Hoosier_Daddy
Explorer
Explorer
Hello!
Name's Scott glad to be here. I'm married to a wonderful woman, 4 Daughters, 3 son-in-laws and 4 Grand-Kids. We just moved to TT life from our little Pop-Up camper 2 weeks ago and have been lurking here every since. I am sure I'll have plenty of questions being new to TT's but having spent the first two decades of my working life as an Automotive Technician, I know my way around 12v electrical systems as well as brakes / suspension so I hope to contribute here as well.
Wifey and I enjoyed our little Coleman Sea Pine but we wished we had something with its own bathroom. The CG Showers and "Luggable Loo" experiance just wasn't all we thought it would be. While searching for a Hybrid, we stumpled across this 2005 Coachmen 248tbg "Spirit of America" that was a one owner and looks to be in REALLY good condition.

Being the end of the Camping Season here in Indiana it was priced low and already winterized by a Dealer... we just simply fell in love with it. The Dealer had it plugged in and propane in the tanks so we tested all we could without water since it was already below freezing temps when we looked at it. While he swore everthing worked, the water pump and water heater and A/C are all unknowns, time will tell I guess. But if the overall condition is any clue we should be fine come spring.
I have doing what little clean-up / maintenance I can since we got it home in the cold but can't wait for spring to get it out and about.
It's going to be a LOOOOONG winter but I think poking around here on the forum will give me a chance to get familiar with it for when that time actually comes.

Thanks for letting me hang out.
TT: 2005 Coachmen 248TBG "Spirit of America"
TV: 2013 Ford F150 S/Cab 4X4
19 REPLIES 19

lushy
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome fellow Hoosier.

Good choice on Turkey Run and Brown County. Some others to consider Raccoon Lake SP (by Turkey Run), Potato Creek SP, Indiana Dunes SP, Prophetstown SP are just a few Indiana SP's to add to your list. Waiting for spring to come also! Enjoy.
2011 Jayco Jay Feather Select 29L, Blue Ox Sway Pro
2007.5 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.6L Duramax Diesel, Air Lift

Grey_Mountain
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome from Indian Country. Went to school at IU many moons ago.
Free passes through Indian Territory available if you are coming this way.
Don't leave home without one.

GM
2006 Discovery 39S Tin Teepee
Honda CR-V Toad
Enrolled member of the Comanche Tribe
English Bride
Bichon Frise bear killers:
Lord Shonefeld von Reginald-Friese IV.
Lady Annabelle von Lichenstein-Friese III.

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the Travel Trailer section of this site. There is a lot of good info there.
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

Hoosier_Daddy
Explorer
Explorer
Giddy like a school girl I am.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome aboard!

not from your neck of the woods but if you ever up in the North East your always welcome to pull up a chair at our campfire!

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Nice TT, Welcome, glad you found us and joined.

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome from East Central Indiana.

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome.
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hoosier Daddy wrote:
Thanks for the welcome all!
I have been around various forums for many years so I know there are all types onboard. I am one who tries to see the good in everyone, so a negative post I take as constructive critisisum... and realize the typed word can be misconstrued. With that, also know how to handle a troll is to just ignore the comment. I've been dragged down to their level and you just can't win.

On the bright side, I see a few locals... NICE! My home CG is BIXLER LAKE but we like to venture away as well. Next season Turkey Run, Brown County, and Grand Haven MI. are on the schedule.

2oldman wrote:
Cute handle.

Thanks, it's been mine on many a forum, mostly related to motorcycle sites but also shooting, camping, and whatever vehicle I happened to own at the time.

Oh, and spell-check hates me. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Sometimes I butcher a word so bad it doesn't even offer a suggestion. So forgive me if my fingers get ahead of my brain.
"You're not a good speller if you can only spell a word one way"

To quote Winnie the Pooh: "My spelling's wobbly. It's good spelling, but the words wobble and the letters get in the wrong place."

And as a former northern Indiana Hoosier, welcome to the forum and enjoy your RV!

Hoosier_Daddy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the welcome all!
I have been around various forums for many years so I know there are all types onboard. I am one who tries to see the good in everyone, so a negative post I take as constructive critisisum... and realize the typed word can be misconstrued. With that, also know how to handle a troll is to just ignore the comment. I've been dragged down to their level and you just can't win.

On the bright side, I see a few locals... NICE! My home CG is BIXLER LAKE but we like to venture away as well. Next season Turkey Run, Brown County, and Grand Haven MI. are on the schedule.

2oldman wrote:
Cute handle.

Thanks, it's been mine on many a forum, mostly related to motorcycle sites but also shooting, camping, and whatever vehicle I happened to own at the time.

Oh, and spell-check hates me. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Sometimes I butcher a word so bad it doesn't even offer a suggestion. So forgive me if my fingers get ahead of my brain.
"You're not a good speller if you can only spell a word one way"

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cute handle.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome, and congrats on the new unit! Hope you post often; sounds like you'll have alot to offer!
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

mdamerell
Explorer
Explorer
Hoosier Welcome ๐Ÿ˜„ Nice find.
2012 Sundance 3100RB w/Reese Goose Box
2004 Ford F350 6.0 L PSD, CC, DRW, long bed, B&W drop ball hitch, Firestone Ride-rite air bags.

IND_navyvet
Explorer
Explorer
Hi neighbor, welcome from another NE Indiana camper.
Nice looking rig.