cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New truck build time

djcjc
Explorer
Explorer
Ordered new 21 Ram 3500 Dsl Dually on Dec 28 was told 6 to 10 weeks well 11 weeks have past and I dont know when I will get it. Talked to dealer again today they are supposed to get ahold of factory rep and maybe get some info tomorrow. Shortly after ordering I got e mail with VIN and was able to go to Ram forum site found a site to type in VIN and got my build sheet but nothing new dealer keeps telling me that they dont know anything. I am pressuring them to try and get me some kind of update as to why and or when truck will be done. It is a fairly heavily optioned Laramie but doesnt include everything by no means. Could not find what we wanted anywhere so had to order wanted the 21 since they went back to the older CP 3 to eliminate problems from the CP 4. Have a new topper ordered payed for and sitting at suppliers shop for install when I get the truck. I know its not the dealers fault but the frustration level is getting pretty high. I'm hoping the dealer doesn't try and increase price from the negotiated price he has my deposit and I have only put about 400 miles on my trade-in but we will see. So if any one looking to buy new would recommend buying off a lot or be prepared for a long wait. What is the most irritating to me is that they have not bothered to reach out with info as to status.
11 REPLIES 11

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
It took exactly 2 months for my F250 to be dropped at the stealer.

Oh and Grit Dog, you may try slacking off the coffee a bit. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
God bless all of you buying new vehicles! Keep up the good work and keep our economy rolling.
Despite the best efforts of, umm, nevermind, over the last few months to tank the economy, you are true shining stars in this battle. Even if it costs more money or time.

And think you in advance, especially, for helping stock the newer used vehicle market in the near future!

PS. I hope you get your truck soon!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

If you order a Ford, they have a forum called the Blue Oval Forums.. If you join and have a few minor posts, you can track your order.. They have folks that track specific orders... They tell you exactly where it is and when it will ship.. Even what rail car it shipped on
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
mkirsch wrote:
The biggest problem you have is EVERYONE is DEMANDING to know the status of their vehicle build. Everyone thinks they're the #1 most important customer, giving the dealers and corporate a hard time, "WHERE IS MY CAR/TRUCK/SUV???"

You're just another squeaky wheel in a herd of squeaky wheels.

In short, you're in line, everyone thinks they should be at the head of that line, and being a squeaky wheel is not productive. Things were shut down for months. There are still lingering supply problems. It's going to take longer, and you're going to have to accept that.

yeah, but there is NO tolerance level for lying. Iโ€™d much rather someone tell me โ€œIโ€™ll have to look that one up for the exact ...โ€ versus saying whatever they can to shut you up and buying. I had a salesman tell me that an Aerostar was rated at 3500# towing on the step bumper. The Aerostar never had a step bumper! Then the jack wagon tries to sell a one year old lot queen for near sticker price? And they stopped model production that previous year!
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

MURPHY55347
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered a Ford Transit Connect van and today marks week 27 since order. I was told 10 to 12 weeks even though it is built in Spain. ETA is now May14. No one can explain why but after seeing things on the news, the worldwide semiconductor shortage is real. Ford is still building trucks but is just parking them until they get a critical module to install.

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered a 2021 Ford F350 on December 1. It was delivered 14 weeks later on March 9. There is hope for you yet.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
The biggest problem you have is EVERYONE is DEMANDING to know the status of their vehicle build. Everyone thinks they're the #1 most important customer, giving the dealers and corporate a hard time, "WHERE IS MY CAR/TRUCK/SUV???"

You're just another squeaky wheel in a herd of squeaky wheels.

In short, you're in line, everyone thinks they should be at the head of that line, and being a squeaky wheel is not productive. Things were shut down for months. There are still lingering supply problems. It's going to take longer, and you're going to have to accept that.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
Telling you it will be here in 6-10 weeks is a sales ploy. They know it will take longer but if they tell you that you may walk.
I'll tell you how I handled it at Ford a few years back when I was in your shoes. I walked into the show room and found my salesman. I then proceeded to ask for the sales manager. He himhawed around and I proceed to loudly anounce across the fairly full showroom about being lied to about delivery times, etc. As all the potential customers were looking at me, I was ushered into the sales managers office. Where he pulled out a printed report that showed exactly when my truck would roll off the production line, be put onto the train and the day it would be on the lot. 4 weeks past the longest time I was told. My salesman just told me in the showroom it should already be there and he didn't know what was going on. I asked the Manager when he received this information. He told me the day after I ordered the truck. I then asked, with the salesman sitting right beside me, "Then why has this idiot been lying to me for the last 2 months?"
The day I went over to pick up my truck the salesman was nowhere to be found and the manager handed me the keys and threw in some nice freebies.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
You ordered a Ram .... you need to get used to the fact that itโ€™s going to show up it just takes a little longer! ๐Ÿ™‚
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

The dealer SHOULD NOT up your cost, or lower your trade.. As long as you have it all in writing your fine.

Heck, back in 2019 I ordered my F-150 Lariat as my work truck 3 months before my lease was up. The lease expired and still no truck... I extended the lease twice with no truck...

Finally the dealer received word that the truck had been damaged in transport and was "unsellable" . I had an option, re order and extend the lease again, or take something off the lot.. All he had was a platinum with many additional options that I did not order.... HE gave me that truck for the same payments as the Lariat...

If your dealer is good, they will stand behind everything
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
I ordered a 21 3500 limited on January 20, it is setting in a distribution yard in KC waiting to be trucked to Bentonville in the next week or so.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore