cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nomadic Fanatic

Freightguy
Explorer
Explorer
So, who out there is watching Nomadic Fanatic on YouTube?

YouTube Link

This guy is living fulltime and doing a great job at capturing it on video.
2009 American Tradition 42P
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimted
23 REPLIES 23

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
The "Eric Jacobs" involved in the Tacoma youth baseball team thing is at least forty years old. This guy "Nomadic Fanatic" is in his low twenties. As is evident/obvious from his (still active) other Facebook account under his own real name: Eric Jacobs.

That's not to say I think that his taking down of all the vids etc. without explanation is o.k. Certainly he owes his supporters the presumably educational videos they thought they were subsidizing him for. Not to mention the premiums he promised in exchange for certain levels of contribution.

But in my opinion, and unless he's been scooped up by Hollywood as I suggested earlier, I think that this fella either
a) Just bit off more than he can chew, public-persona-wise and can't take the heat
or
b) Ran smack into the possibility that the income he's producing from his fundraising efforts etc. have come to the attention of his creditors. Such as the taxpayers that have been subsidizing his education (and devil-may-care lifestyle).
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

patrickl11435
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.facebook.com/nomadicfanaticcommunity?fref=nf

and this article,

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/04/27/3167351/field-of-schemes-tacomas-pioneer.html

and look through all the posts, and down below the pictures on the left at "posts to page" where others post about what they've found.

It looks like Eric has had some legal trouble in the past, changed his name, and most recently, as in 1 or 2 weeks recent, another "Eric Jacobs" scammed a baseball little league doing the same thing. Scamming by collecting donations thought to be going towards the league. This trouble stems back to Mid-October (He began his channel in Nov) and the ages on the posted court documents seem to be the same. Also, the video on the news report from Tacoma only shows his accomplices picture "Ryan Rhoades" not Eric's. Leaving it up to question if he's the one behind it.

Someone posted that there are 4 Eric Jacob's in that area, two are of similar age, one fits his criteria.

I can't agree, guilty of scam or not, that he has the right to take down anything at his leisure. After you take money from someone via crowdfunding you have an obligation to continue creating or at least tell people why you're not going to create anymore. Furthermore, if you're not going to, keep your videos up for the rest of the internet to learn from. The fact that he deleted everything outright to me, says his emotions are the least of his reasons. Educate yourselves, It's only been a day and already my findings are that he scammed everyone. Disappointing.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Eric's "home turf" is the same as my own...I'll keep my eyes peeled, though I must admit that exactly what the Tioga looks like was a bit murky in my mind until just now when I found this one picture at his fundraiser profile page. Haven't looked at the vids since spring, and didn't even know he had a Facebook page!

Meanwhile, we must look on the bright side:

The fact that he disappeared so suddenly and completely could mean that he was noticed and scooped up by some reality TV show folks or something. Who would naturally want complete control of the whole property and might have taken it all down for that reason.

Could be we haven't heard the last of this bright young man!

tnwalkinghorse
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know what happened to Eric at Nomadic Fanatic. I know he was getting upset with trolls bashing his channel. But now his channel and facebook are shut down. Anyone know if he is OK?

I90west
Explorer
Explorer
I've also been watching him since about February/March. I'm still at the researching stage and he was the first full-timer I stumbled across so I really have to thank him for turning me on to Chris Penn and the others. I also kind of wondered how he gets by financially (not because his personal finances are any of my business but because I was curious about how people are able to adapt to working out of an RV, what kinds of challenges people run into and so on). But it looks like he's suddenly shut down his YouTube channel as of today. He had mentioned several days ago that he was turning off the comments on his channel because he was getting bombarded with lots of negative and harassing type comments to the point where it became a huge chore to wade through them just to get to the ones where people are sincerely asking questions. I, for one, am sad to see him go and would feel especially badly if it's because too many people crossed the line with their comments. I understand you have to expect some degree of grief when you post publicly but seriously, do people have to be jerks just because they can? Anyway, I wish him the best of luck and look forward to learning more from this and other forums.

BigSkyFamily
Explorer
Explorer
Been watching for a couple of months now.
Wish he was heading towards Montana to film his documentary. I'd fill his gas tank when he got here and show him the beauty northwest MT has to offer. And my wife would love to meet his cat Jax.

psa0298
Explorer
Explorer
I've been following him. He's pretty interesting.

moses195
Explorer
Explorer
Watched every episode!

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
First posted about in April: Link. He'd been doing it for a whole six months by then!

So...what's new in the "evading campus security" department?