cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

One thing you use ALL the time?

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
Just to go the other way... One thing I use ALL the time is my RVQ. I know folks hate them, etc.. But mine works well, does not heat the side of my RV, I never leave it unattended and like most things if used correctly is fine. Granted, it's only good for maybe 4 burgers, or 2 large steaks, so you have to know it's limitations. OH! and our walkie talkies, we DO NOT yell back and forth while backing into a campsite. But thoroughly enjoy the show when others do! :B
Proud father of a US Marine
61 REPLIES 61

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Too many to list but it's been said we "eat like Kings" when we camp. So likely our forks!
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
suprz wrote:
Just to go the other way... One thing I use ALL the time is my RVQ. I know folks hate them, etc.. But mine works well, does not heat the side of my RV, I never leave it unattended and like most things if used correctly is fine. Granted, it's only good for maybe 4 burgers, or 2 large steaks, so you have to know it's limitations. OH! and our walkie talkies, we DO NOT yell back and forth while backing into a campsite. But thoroughly enjoy the show when others do! :B

354 pages of "one thing you (posters) use all the time":

Pretty sure "IT" falls into one of the categories in this thread title -

"Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

:C

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
cross21114 wrote:
suprz wrote:
We have 2 gps's a tablet and 2 cellphones with google maps and a hard copy road atlas.... AND still ended up on Moki Duguay in Utah.. Lol! Oh well, we survived and have a hell of a story to share

I assume you wanted to be there - awesome drive isn't it. At least it was in our toad. Don't want to do it in your RV.

Actually we were in the Rv! My wife still has nightmares lol

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
suprz wrote:
We have 2 gps's a tablet and 2 cellphones with google maps and a hard copy road atlas.... AND still ended up on Moki Duguay in Utah.. Lol! Oh well, we survived and have a hell of a story to share

I assume you wanted to be there - awesome drive isn't it. At least it was in our toad. Don't want to do it in your RV.
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
sat dish

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
TheBar wrote:
Our Micca Speck. I know all the "purists" will say television does belong at the campgrounds. But to each their own and the DW and I must be the "eaches". So sorry everyone, after 60 years of camping TV is a big deal to us. We watch more TV at night when camping than we do at home. We record movies we haven't seen on a USB flash drive and the Micca Speck plays them back through the TV. The TV will also play the flash drive but is pretty primitive. I tore out the worthless dinette and installed a couple of recliners across from the TV. Our RV living room is now a home theater and we love it.

I had to look it up. It's like a fancy VCR ?? I haven't been able to record anything since my VCR broke. I refuse to spend hundreds of dollars to do what I could do with my 40 dollar VCR 15 years ago. I quit watching "most" TV after the digital conversion.

To each their own. What aver makes you happy is OK by me. Have a nice Day.

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
My little Weber charcoal grill. It's not as good as my Kamado at home but it works for camping and is way better than gas, imo.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
May have been posted. A credit card.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I listen to my co-workers at lunch discuss their "shows". I swear they don't do anything outside of work except watch tv and go to the movies. Between their 5-10 shows they "must watch" each week, the games, the movies on netflix and amazon and the new movies at the theatre, I'm surprised they have time to pee.

So if you want to save a few movies and watch one after a day of enjoying the outdoors when camping, I say Go For It!

My Bat-dog does not approve of being outside on the cold hard ground at night. So when it gets dark, we usually go inside and cuddle on the couch while I read. We do what makes us happy.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

TheBar
Explorer
Explorer
Our Micca Speck. I know all the "purists" will say television does belong at the campgrounds. But to each their own and the DW and I must be the "eaches". So sorry everyone, after 60 years of camping TV is a big deal to us. We watch more TV at night when camping than we do at home. We record movies we haven't seen on a USB flash drive and the Micca Speck plays them back through the TV. The TV will also play the flash drive but is pretty primitive. I tore out the worthless dinette and installed a couple of recliners across from the TV. Our RV living room is now a home theater and we love it.
Retired factory automation computer programmer
Cabin fever solution: 30' Class C
DW loves it more than I do

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have an unusual one. A pry bar. One of my 5er legs is missing a washer & will not operate without pressure put under it with the pry bar.

I know what is wrong. I know how to fix it. I simply cannot find the roundtooit that I need to fix it. This has been going on for over a year now. The big problem is access. I have all the tools needed. Procrastination.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
suprz wrote:

We use our RV's powered roof vent pretty much on all camping trips. We're also not into sleeping in cold air - so unless we're doing very rare camping in humidity and heat - we use the built-in propane furnace some every night.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Keurig we sit it on the dash of rv can have fresh coffee while we drive on

suprz
Explorer
Explorer

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have hard copy road maps. Like said above, GPS can and has failed. I used to keep a small sized book of yellow pages in my car too - I used it to find an alternative store/business if the one I knew suddenly closed down. Alas they don't have hard copy yellow pages anymore, let alone the smaller sized ones.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)