cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oru, folding Kayak

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have these? For our intended use, flat water, day trip use, they look good. We are interested in the Beach model

Any thoughts, yep I know a hard shell is more sea worthy, and inflatable's are an option
5 REPLIES 5

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't encounter any Oru owners here, you might have to check some kayaking/watercraft forums for reviews and opinions. I recall watching the assembly video some time back, and after a while my eyes glazed over and I thought, "Nope, takes too long, too many little details." For the money, a Sea Eagle FastTrack or Razorlite will set up faster and easier (although at some cost to longevity, I imagine).

I wanted something low-budget and I don't need to go fast for some exercise on the water, so in spring '19 I bought a 10.5' $300 inflatable SUP, an inflatable Sea Eagle kayak seat (very comfortable) and a canoe paddle. It tracks surprisingly well and feels pretty tough. My buddy's wife likes it so well, she ordered one for herself also.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo wrote:
We don't have an ORU, or even a folding kayak, but we have had a Porta-Bote for about 12 years and love it. Had it in the water just a few weeks ago.

seems to me to be much more useful than a kayak.
bumpy

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Not what you asked , i know. But just for tooling around i have a sea eagel inflatable kyack. Got it at costco like 15 years ago, its still going. Its not going to win any speed prizes but its good enough for taking in the camper.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
We don't have an ORU, or even a folding kayak, but we have had a Porta-Bote for about 12 years and love it. Had it in the water just a few weeks ago.

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
I can't speak to the ORU..there is some stuff on YouTube...take a look. But, I can speak to folding kayaks...they are wonderful. I have a 17ft Folbot and carry it in my C, up forward. Two bags...takes 30 min to assemble and has a 700lb carrying capacity. I am not pushing Folbot..I am pushing how useful a folding kayak can be.

\Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/