Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

our first attempt at being snowbirds

dakasa47
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

Last February we were all set to go to Florida for the month to try out being snowbirds. Because of all of the snow we got here in MA we were unable to get our RV out of our yard or even if we did make the turn onto our very narrow street. So we had to cancel all reservations.

This October we took the RV to South Carolina and have it stored outside of Myrtle Beach in Conway SC. We plan on leaving here at the end of this month and picking up the RV and then heading to Florida. We were told by the woman working the office in Conway not to de-winterize in SC. We are looking for advice as to where would be the best place south of Myrtle Beach to de-winterize. I am not sure why we can't de-winterize in SC as I know many people snowbird at Myrtle Beach. Our first night of reservations are on 2/9 in Talbot Island State Park in Florida. We are trying to figure out where to go until then.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,:@
Marianne
David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'
16 REPLIES 16

fireman41
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Myrtle Beach State park the week after Thanksgiving a few years ago and it was empty. They also have full hook up too.
If you wanted to do something near the storage yard I would check there.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
When we come home for Christmas we winterize when we get home.
When we leave in Feb we almost always winterize in PA or VA.
We have unhooked the water hose in SC a few nights and used the onboard tank but not very often.