cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Passport America parks not so good so far

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
We joined PA last month, and have overnighted at 4 PA parks in the past 2 weeks. One was just fine, in FL. It was on the budget side, but very well kept, with good clientele. Two in GA were just atrocious, and one in KY was okay, barely. Our standards are not that high for overnights, we are not expecting Fort Wilderness. We have never stayed at a Wal Mart, Cracker Barrel, Bass Pro etc, but those options are looking a LOT better now. I'd rather pay full price at a KOA one night, and free camp in a store lot the next night, if trying to save money, than take a chance on these PA dumps.

I know I made a mistake by not taking a few more minutes each day to look up the PA parks on rvparkreviews. Believe me, I won't make that mistake again. Have we just found some unusually bad places, or is this the way it goes with PA?
Currently RV-less but not done yet.
36 REPLIES 36

MeanderMan
Explorer
Explorer
We've been using PA for our eight years of full timing and are happy with the program. As previously stated, there are good and bad RV Parks. We always check the Rvparkreviews.com web site to check the PA park before making a decision and haven't been surprised or disappointed.
Happily Fulltiming Somewhere
2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
2013 Honda CRV
Our RV Blog

Sfla2
Explorer
Explorer
1 thing we do is look at number of sites the more tthe better as bigger PA arebetter maintain have more income to use.have belong for 3 yr can,t beat it use 2 or more &its paid for
98 Coachmen "C" Santara Model FL (Front Lounge) 30.4
Ford V 10 Super Duty (same as E 450)

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
We never got our $$ worth out of them. Dropped PA and C2C long time ago.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed in many PA campgrounds in the south and they have mostly been good campgrounds. We think we have really gotten many times over our small PA fee in campground finds. Some mom and pop places are gems and others are not so good. Same with KOA, good and not so good.

bertnspike
Explorer
Explorer
In my opinion you have happened to have a run of bad luck with your choices. Also, a campground's acceptance of PA does not necessarily mean it is a PA campground.

Do take the time to use RV Park Reviews - it is well worth it.

I too have stayed at a couple of PA campgrounds that I wasn't thrilled with, but they were by far in the minority.

I found my PA membership to be such a good deal that I made it a lifetime membership. In the 2.5 years since I did that, it has paid for itself.

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
Like the old General Tire commercial "Sooner or Later you will stay at WM."

Short of needing AC in the heat for a one night stay I would pass on locating and parking in some questionable park even it they paid me $20. At least WM is consistent. I guess traveling with WM generation kids makes staying at WM a requested stop. ๐Ÿ™‚

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
PA parks are no different than all the other parks/campgrounds in the country, some great, some good, and some not so good to terrible. Your mistake was not in joining PA, but in not doing the research needed to find the better offerings. We've stayed at some very enjoyable PA parks, and others that were just adequate for the night, but RVParkreviews.com has spared us from the worst ones. I can say that we've always gotten more than our money's worth from our PA membership though.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate