Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pullrite SuperGlide with RAM OE Pucks

mikebol
Explorer
Explorer
Hey gang!

I have a Pullrite 4100 SuperGlide out of my 2007 RAM and would like to use this with my new-to-me 2016 RAM with the OE 5th wheel prep puck system. Both trucks are short beds, 6'4". Talking to Pullrite, I need two parts from them to support the pucks but the combination raises the hitch 5" and I'm already feeling chucking in the setup as it exists today. My fear is that raising it up even further is going to create even more flex and chucking.

My question...

For those of you that may have moved from a Pullrite rail kit to the OE pucks, did you find a base plate that by luck might line up or work with the SuperGlide without adding 5" of height and another 60#s of steel? I already have to use a hoist to get this monster in\out of the truck bed.

For the cost I'm seeing for this adaptation, I can go pick up a SuperLite or Anderson for the same money. The only concern I have is obviously clearance to the cab corners. I have an Outback 325FRE and the corners are only slightly rounded.

Thanks for any insights.

Mike
2007.5 Dodge RAM 2500, Quad Cab, 6.7L Cummins, 6spd Auto, 4x4
2010 Keystone Outback Sydney 325FRE, Prodigy, Timbrens
6 REPLIES 6

garysol
Explorer
Explorer
mikebol wrote:
Thank you, Gary. Do you get any extra motion or movement from the hitch with this setup? I'm concerned with it being 5" higher and the potential for extra movement when accelerating and stopping.

The newer gooseneck style adapters claim no movement fore\aft. My old SuperGlide already has some slight play in it from years of use.

Mike

I never noticed any movement whatsoever from the adapter. I did bolt and not pin my hitch to the picture
frame though so that may have helped.
2020 GMC Canyon
2022 NoBo 19.2

mikebol
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, Gary. Do you get any extra motion or movement from the hitch with this setup? I'm concerned with it being 5" higher and the potential for extra movement when accelerating and stopping.

The newer gooseneck style adapters claim no movement fore\aft. My old SuperGlide already has some slight play in it from years of use.

Mike

garysol
Explorer
Explorer
mikebol wrote:
Ok, so the SuperGlide does align to the Mopar picture frame? Would you have a picture of your setup that you could share? I just want to make sure I understand how this setup will work before buying a bunch of parts.

Mike

Check out this link Mike.... http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2013-general-discussion/623663-superglide-hitch-install-pics.html
2020 GMC Canyon
2022 NoBo 19.2

garysol
Explorer
Explorer
mikebol wrote:
Ok, so the SuperGlide does align to the Mopar picture frame? Would you have a picture of your setup that you could share? I just want to make sure I understand how this setup will work before buying a bunch of parts.

Mike

Let me look Mike. It may take a few minutes BUT yes..... it works and super easy. The picture frame goes into and out of the bed separately from the hitch. The frame is maybe 50 pounds or so and is easily lifted into position. Drop the pucks into the factory "holes" and lock them down. Then you simply put the Superglide into the slots on the picture frame just as you would the old style rails. It is a two part procedure. I will look for some pics.......
2020 GMC Canyon
2022 NoBo 19.2

mikebol
Explorer
Explorer

Mike

garysol
Explorer
Explorer
I pulled my Superglide out of my 08 Ram with rails and used it in my 14 with factory prep. I used the Mopar branded picture frame adapter. I did have to raise my pinbox one hole to compensate. Pullrite also sells a lowering kit for the hitch itself.
2020 GMC Canyon
2022 NoBo 19.2