cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Purchased a 1995 Fleetwood Rallye Class C

dstone
Explorer
Explorer
We knew there would be issues with the unit this old, but we received an excellent deal and we purchased it from friends so we decided to take a chance. This is not the first time owning an RV so we are familiar with how things work to a degree. We are having some odd things happening so I was wondering if any off you have any advice for us.The people we bought it from are on vacation right now so we can't contact them. All of a sudden, we can't get the fridge door to open. Freezer door opens fine. Is there some secret to getting this open? Also, the latch on the door allowing you to separate the screen door from the outside door is a different type than we have ever dealt with. How does that latch work? Any advice anyone can give on this older motor home, will be much appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

dstone
Explorer
Explorer
Found the problem with the fridge. Door has a hinge problem. Figured out the latch. Yeah! Just waiting for the next problems.

dstone
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Good door seal! Yea, that happens on our refer too if I try to open the door right after closing it. After maybe a minute you should be able to open it easily. If not, something is holding it? Maybe the travel latch?
On the screen door? Mine has a latch that locks it to the door. To release, push down and open the outside door.

We had not opened the fridge since the day before. Don't see a travel lock which have never been on any fridge in our RVs before.
The latch is the old style. We are very familiar with the type you just push down on which is on newer RVs.
Thanks for your help.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good door seal! Yea, that happens on our refer too if I try to open the door right after closing it. After maybe a minute you should be able to open it easily. If not, something is holding it? Maybe the travel latch?
On the screen door? Mine has a latch that locks it to the door. To release, push down and open the outside door.