cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Putting your RV.NET name on your RV

Chainwright
Explorer
Explorer
Do some of you or many of you put your RV.NET "name" on your MH, 5er or TT??
60 REPLIES 60

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
mountainkowboy wrote:
I write one check a month for our space rent, cause the the online company they use charges $1.00 for using there service. It irritates the office to all getup.
My bank's online pay service would cut and mail the check for free. Automatically, every month.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Ralph Cramden wrote:
People still use checks? Amazing....I have not had any since about 1992 or something.
I rarely use them myself.. just sometimes at a CG I've run out of cash.

I write one check a month for our space rent, cause the the online company they use charges $1.00 for using there service. It irritates the office to all getup.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
Old RV.net sticker
I still have one on my rear window.
Barney

I think we still have some un-used ones somewhere...from the old socal rv.net rallies. We were wagonmaster for one and got a lot of stuff for the rally. Shirts, stickers, sunglass clips.

WOW...that was like a million years ago....

Our "group" fff of f had signs made with our screen names on them, for when we were camping as a group. Other than that...no
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have the FMCA plate but i'm unable to mount it for some time.
Going to put Wife's name/nickname on rear in silver letters, when I can get around to it.
was going to name it Possum Lodge but she said nope!

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
"I've tried sending people money online, and when you ask them for their account number they freeze as if it's a matter of national security."

No kidding, if the internet has accomplished one thing, it's to make people paranoid beyond all reason.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ralph Cramden wrote:
People still use checks? Amazing....I have not had any since about 1992 or something.
I rarely use them myself.. just sometimes at a CG I've run out of cash.

I've tried sending people money online, and when you ask them for their account number they freeze as if it's a matter of national security.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
"People still use checks? Amazing....I have not had any since about 1992 or something."

Amazing how not everyone does as you do. Aren't you glad we're all different, with different needs. I go through a box of 150 checks in about 7 years. Some places want to charge you extra to use a CC, go figure.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
Bank account numbers are no big deal. Hell, they're right there on every one of your checks.

Good point.....post em up.....don't forget to post the routing number also :W

Cash a check down at the Quik-E-Mart when getting you're Squishee and Lard Lad Donut who sees it? Apu, maybe his clerk, a few people at his bank, and someone at the clearing house. Post it on here and 50 million nitwits have instant access lol.

Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
I still have one of the stickers, but no, we don't put much stuff out anymore.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Identify plaque for campsite.

Smith & Wesson
357 Magnum St.
Mossberg, Remington 500870

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
Padlin wrote:
I had thought about putting it on a small sign to put out when at a rally, but I haven't done it. Something like Bob & Deb Padlin.

Many years ago, we went to a rally in CA, and the organizers made wooden signs on stakes for each attendee. the sign had the old RV.net sticker on it, along with the names and username.
I still have it. I added a sign to the stake with the ARRL symbol and my Ham Radio call sign. I often use it when in commercial campgrounds for more than an overnighter. Sometimes I will display it in Forest Service campground, too.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bank account numbers are no big deal. Hell, they're right there on every one of your checks.

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
On a related note, if you want to meet other online RVers in your travels, you can join RVillage. My RV.NET user name is also used there. You "check in" to a campground if other members check in, you get an alert.

It's a good idea to post a pic of your RIG (not you) in your RVillage profile so people wandering the park to say hi have something to go by.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Cummins12V98 wrote:
I would put "Cummins12V98" on my RV but "FISH" would find out where I was and want to set around the CampFire and secretly tell me how he is a closet RAM/Cummins fan. :B

**NOW THATS FUNNY ! ! ! I bet his ears are ringing right about NOW
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never occurred to me
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000