cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

question about service

late_bloomer
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our camper new at a Camping World. Soon after we used it we discovered a puddle of water next to the tub. Took it back to camping world twice, both times they could not find the source of the leak, they seemed convinced it was due to us letting shower water drip onto the floor.(ie not securing the shower curtain) Because, you know, we're idiots or something.

We've had it over a year now, and the last time we camped we didn't use the shower, but the puddle still appeared.

I have since discovered the puddle forms when the toilet is flushed. I'm not a plumber or an RV tech, just a guy with a flashlight and a ticked off wife. Does camping world need to fix this or is it even worth the hassle to take it back to them.
I got here as quick as I could.
21 REPLIES 21

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
I have found mobile RV techs that come to your rig MUCH SUPERIOR to dealer service.

One reason - they don't get paid until the work is done. Sure there is a minimum, but most of them hate jobs which drag on and on.

Yes, it costs you more, sometimes.

Something else I discovered about dealer service. Most of the time, YOU have to pay the shipping on parts.

These things are not like a Ford or Chevy with millions on the road and major parts centers within a day's drive/ shipping. RV parts often have to come from the manufacturer.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
P.S. - Warranty service work is meant to piss you off so much that you never bring it back again.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Where is the toilet in relation to the puddle? Could be water valve.
Who made your rig? Call the factory and bypass CW.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
I had to do some work on my toilet and was surprised that everywhere that there was a threaded fitting it was only finger tight. Check connections and keep flushing the toilet until you discover where the water is coming from.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
I guess if it is still under warranty you could take it in, I never did take our rig in for service during the first year. Rather than leave it for who knows how long, dealer provided parts under warranty and I fixed it myself. It could simply be toilet valve or one of the hose connections that is leaking, I do all my own work over the last 3 decades on several RVs we owned, knowing full well the work I do is going to be better than what any RV dealer will provide. Good luck!!!

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
How long is your warranty? I'd say this is a warranty item but CW does not have a wonderful reputation. I'd call them and see what they say. The toilet is NOT supposed to be connected to the shower in any way.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
โ€œWe've had it over a year now,..โ€

Are you still covered under the warranty? You could argue that you reported the issue twice, had service and it wasnโ€™t repaired. Be prepared for a fight IMO.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad