cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reseal epdm rubber roof

yankeecamper
Explorer
Explorer
I need to reseal my roof on my 5er. I trying to decide using Dicor Rubber Roof Coating or Liquid RV Roof.Will except any other suggestion. If you have used any of these coating How did you like them.
Barb and Rich, Fuquay Varina, NC
2017 Dodge Ram 3500 Tradesmen Quad Cab
Dually 4x2
6.7Liter HO Cummings Turbo Diesel
2017 Bighorn traveler 39MB
6 REPLIES 6

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Take at look at my post here. Make sure you also read my latest post in the thread on the last page.

Another thread here.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

maniac007
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure as to the members name. He cleaned the roof of his RV and used a product called Duck Seal, sold at Menards which is like Lowes and Home Depot here. It is a kinda Northern store. I tried to search it here and couldn't find it but its been a couple of years since he had done it, I think he only did two light coats and was gonna apply a third but didn't. Think he said it sealed and covered it well. this will give you another option to look at. i think this LINK will show what it is. Gonna do mine probabely this year.
02 F350SD 7.3 CC 4X4 DRW, 06 Cougar 314EFS Eastern Edition

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Liquid EPDM works great for patching, it literally bonds with the existing EPDM and is a seamless repair. If you are just trying to make it look pretty, a thin layer of Liquid EPDM will do the job.

If you want to replace the EPDM rubber, search Edatlanta on this forum and research the roof coating that he used. It completely replaced the rubber roof and looks to be a far more durable (but also expensive) option.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

yankeecamper
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059: I cut the right front corner with a tree limp. I have it patched up real good and I also have spider web cracks in a couple area that needs to be taken care of and I also would like to restore it so it will last for the next few years and look good. I'm leaning towards the liquid rubber roof to go over the whole roof. No leaks
Barb and Rich, Fuquay Varina, NC
2017 Dodge Ram 3500 Tradesmen Quad Cab
Dually 4x2
6.7Liter HO Cummings Turbo Diesel
2017 Bighorn traveler 39MB

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just curious why you need to reseal it. Do you have a leak somewhere? I've used Liquid EPDM to repair a tear in the rubber membrane before.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Tiger02
Explorer
Explorer
I used the Dicor Rubber Roof Coating on my 10 year old 5ver roof. Put it on during the fall of 2015, and still looks white as snow.

No issues with flaking or chipping, but did spend the time to prep it properly.

I'm satisfied with it as the roof was gray with many fine cracks throughout, but with no leaks thankfully.
2006 Keystone Outback Sydney 30 FRKS

1997 Ford F350 Auto, 4.10LS Axle, 160,000 Miles, Crew Cab with DRW.

US Army 1984-2016.