cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Road side fire caused by failed trailer tire.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Today about 10 miles North of I-15 on 93 their was a rig on the side of the road with a trailer tire completely gone on the passengers side. Up the road a short distance the side of the road was on fire for a 1/4 to 1/2 mile. I concluded that sparks for the wheel set the dry brush on fire. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021
16 REPLIES 16

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Now that everyone has had their fun it think it is time to close this thread as I feel no more benefit can come from it. Thank you all for your participation. ๐Ÿ™‚
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Not partaking in the bickering, just want to say, if Chris would have added the word possibly, after the word fire, much of the noise to follow could have been avoided. ๐Ÿ™‚

I might add, I enjoyed Jake's courtroom drama, and admit to smiling at my computer. ๐Ÿ™‚

Chris has added a lot of good info on these forums, and this was a thread of interest. I wished he'd had time for a pic. I like pics!

Jerry

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
Much of what I enjoy about this forum is people's observations about the world around them.

Chris: Don't let the curmudgeons get to you.

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
So,, you only had a two dimensional look at the Said Perp.Yet you deduced that this guy had to have started the fire,, yet No Fire near him?
How do you not know if the fire didn't cause the trailer incident?
I have seen an underground transformer, energize two miles of fence and where ever the fence was in contact with ground materials, caused combustion. who's to say this guy didn't have to take evasive maneuvers to avoid a looky loo? Or,, what if the smoked obscured his vision and he inadvertently struck a ground object causing damage to his trailer?

Now this guy has a claim and you have already accused him of arson?

TexasChaps
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
I don't buy it.

was it even for sale ? :B

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
The fire was intermittent along his side on the road. Not sure that he even knew about the fire and none was really close to where he stopped. He was on his cell phone standing by the trailer.

At 60 MPH I only know that a quick look under the single axle trailer showed that the passenger side was on the ground almost to the axle. Not even sure if it had a side by side or quad on it. Then the fire off and on for a good distance.

"I wonder why anyone would even bother posting such trivial noise." This is just a forum that you do not have to read. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
troubledwaters wrote:
Could have been caused by someone throwing a cigarette butt out. Pure speculation.
Having said that, I wonder why anyone would even bother posting such trivial noise.

And you SIR just added to the so called "NOISE" ! :B
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
Well, if thats the case, it could be ruled Arson from your testimony. But remember, there are allot of other factors to consider, Was the wheel in question smoking and throwing off sparks that you witnessed?
Was the vehicle operator or occupants trying to put out the fire?
Did you find the fires point of origin and search for evidence?
Did you pull all corresponding weather reports for that area and surrounding areas to rule out dry lightning? Get a local report from the nearest airport on wind activity, could be possible the fire was started by a person or persons or vehicle traveling in the opposite direction and wind might have played a key role!
Could the fire have been started for religious beliefs or reasons?
Did you search for the proverbial "Bush" to see if it could have been a factor!
From the point of the fires origin did you follow the ground topography and determine,given all the weather conditions including wind,wind speed,Humidity,Electrical activity in the air and ground fuels and come up with your theory that said person,persons,vehicle with out a shadow of a doubt Started that Fire?
OR,,Did you just Assume that theory?
Because we all know what "A** U Me" stands for?

troubledwaters
Explorer III
Explorer III
Could have been caused by someone throwing a cigarette butt out. Pure speculation.
Having said that, I wonder why anyone would even bother posting such trivial noise.

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
Me Again wrote:
He was pointed South bound and I was headed North. Fire was along his path.

We figured that, but were just funnin' with you.
I think you are probably correct, sparks from the rim could well have caused the grass fire.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
He was pointed South bound and I was headed North. Fire was along his path. But that seems to not been clear enough to you guys.

RV.net is that way a lot: UP is Down, left is right.

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
deltabravo wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Well if it was up the road from the trailer then it wasn't from him as he didn't make it there yet!

Ditto. I was going to type the same thing.

"Up the Road" means it was beyond the point at which the trailer had traveled.

Maybe the cause/effect was the opposite. Driving through the 1/2 mile of Roadside fire caused the tire to overheat and blow out. ๐Ÿ™‚

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
dodge guy wrote:
Well if it was up the road from the trailer then it wasn't from him as he didn't make it there yet!

Ditto. I was going to type the same thing.

"Up the Road" means it was beyond the point at which the trailer had traveled.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator