cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roadmaster Sterling Tow Bar

ROYBUCK
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2000 Honda CRV I am getting ready to put on Craig's List. My Question It has the Base Plates the Sterling tow Bar And I also have a Brake Buddy. In case someone don't want the tow Bar, It has been so long since I bought this I am confused what the tow bar consists of, does the bar that hooks to the base plate, that the Tow Bar hook to go with the Base Plate or the Tow Bar, I have sold the MH so I don't need a toad any more. Sorry about the stupid question. Thanks Roy
Roy B Coal Miners Son
USMC Ret
Semper Fi
7 REPLIES 7

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
Twomed wrote:
Why not list it as ready to tow all set up. Always seems to be someone asking..."where can I find one already set up" ? Even on a couple of the boards there is an area for toads. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

That is how I bought my toad. And paid extra for it. On Craigslist.
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
Why not list it as ready to tow all set up. Always seems to be someone asking..."where can I find one already set up" ? Even on a couple of the boards there is an area for toads. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
Happy Trails ๐Ÿ™‚
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
The Base Plate is the stuff that bolts to the car plus the two Draw Bars that lock into it. And a couple little safety cable extensions.

Tow Bar, assuming it's Motorhome-Mounted, includes Cross Bar and the connecting plates that bolt to the Draw Bars that came with the Base Plate. It's called the Quick Disconnect (QD) kit. That kit is the Cross Bar, Driver side QD, Passenger side QD, two Linch Pins, two Safety plates, and four Bolts with Nuts and Washers.

That said, I'd take it all off and see what I could sell.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
The crossbar goes with the tow bar.
We bought a car that came with a baseplate only.
We used our own Sterling and crossbar.

I bought another towbar and ir also came with a crossbar.
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I also believe the cross bar came with the tow bar. Why not call RM?

Not sure you can just remove the base plate. On my 04 CRV the base plate replaced a Honda cross member part which I still have. Don't know about a 2000.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good question. It's been awhile since I purchased mine, but I do believe the cross bar came with the tow bar. The reason I'm saying this, is recently I sold my base plate for my toyota pu that we no longer use since we bought the new toad and looking up on the Roadmaster website, the base plate(s) doesn't come with the cross bar.

Hope this helps

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

jwmII
Explorer
Explorer
Remove or have removed from the Honda everything that is part of the road master towing setup. Including all brackets, mounts, wiring, and so on. Put this stuff up for sale separately along with the tow bar, advertising it as parts and material for use on such and such Honda. All of these parts even though they are used are worth several bucks which are just as good if not better in your pocket rather than someone else's pocket.
jwmII