Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roof Replacement

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Does this seem like a reasonable deal?

Roof Replacement Materials Kit
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."
8 REPLIES 8

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your replies. I just might go for it. Roof is approaching 20 years old and looks bad. I don't think just a "reseal" will get it done.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

Kemahsabe
Explorer
Explorer
Last year I got two quotes to replace my roof. They were very close and averaged $112.50 per foot of length. At that rate the kit and your labor are worth $3,000.

That looks like a pretty good deal to me for everything you need to replace your roof.

Just watch the butyl tape though and make sure it is the high end good stuff - there is a difference. The stuff with the wrinkly paper backing is usually the cheap stuff or the poly-butyl blend. You want the all butyl tape for best results. It usually comes with a smooth kraft paper like backing instead of the other. Might not hurt to ask and see.

Still seems to be a good price.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

Davidlatham2012
Explorer
Explorer
why are you getting a new roof? You never know how big of a job it is going to be until you tear one rubber off...rotten wood under the old roof..new luan, insulation if wet, are your vents good? might need new vents..etc, etc. but yes good price on the materials shown

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Well, considering that I recently spent $1,400, including labor and materials, to have a new rubber roof on my truck camper (8' x 16' roof surface,) other than the labor, which is always very expensive, I would think this is a reasonable price.

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
$77.75 shipping?
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the supplied 9'x28' EPDM fabric will fit your RV's roof, then yes, I'd say that's a pretty good deal.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Not a replacement kit.More like a repair kit.