cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rude campers to the extreme

leggy
Explorer
Explorer
So, we are at Lake George RV Park, N.Y. and had group of campers that were loud two nights in a row. First night I told them they should move their fire away from our camper, midnight. Second night, I went out and almost verbatim told them their conversations for the past half hour. Guy says that I should wear earplugs to bed. I then said you are annoying me and my family, so I will do the same. I started my truck and angled the high beams directly into their group.
About then the on duty manager shows up and apologizes to the group for having to respond to a complaint!
Long story short, we moved to a different site today, screwed up our days plans and we weren't in the wrong! Our new site is much tighter, but surrounded by other respectful campers. I never thought I wouldbe forced to move but they left us with no choice. Ok, rant over.
83 REPLIES 83

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
leggy wrote:
In rereading my post, we did talk to staff after the first night, the security did stop and tell them to turn off the radio. I did tell them nicely the first night that it was too much, too late and we had a baby trying to sleep. The second night I again tried nicely, but I had enough when I was told to wear earplugs.
We were not told to move, we opted because management was unable to handle the situation. Again, seems even here the rude people are accepted.

Sorry I don't think I'm buying what you're trying to sell. They replies you got up to this post were based on what you originally posted and had none of this "EXTRA" info, but even with that doing what you did was still IMO just as RUDE as what they were doing and you last sentence in the above quote sort of seals the deal when you think what was posted based on your original post only was rude.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
Toddupton wrote:
Instead of you egging them on it might have been better to call the manager yourself. Pointing your headlights and running your truck most likely annoyed more than just that group. Not saying you were wrong we have all had those types of campers.

Yep two wrongs don't make a right. If they were breaking any rules like quiet time if that is a rule then IMO one's only option is to report offenders to CG mgmt and let them handle it or if you don't like your site move to one more to your liking. I personally would definitely not handled it like the OP did since that was obviously not the best way from what I understand.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe im not old enough to care about loud campers (29);). If loud campers really bother me i simply wake up crack of dawn when those loud campers are passed out and let my dog take a dump at their campsite:C lol im kidding i play nice and seriously loud campers dont bother me i usuallymake friends with everyone around us anyways.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

SuzzeeeQ2012
Explorer
Explorer
on the subject of dogs. we were at the sand dunes.

so many loose dogs. A pile of pooh was on one of the cones of the campers down the road lol

our neighbor's dog came over and left a pile by the campfire. We shooed him away.

why they don't do their business at home is beyond me lol
1997 HR Endeavor Turbo Diesel

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
I have been on both sides of this issue, but with a 30 years in between. Now as I am older I just run a fan at night and ignore the rest of the world.

I often try to reserve sites on ends to avoid partiers. I also try to meet the neighbors, which helps sometimes.

Good luck!

Dean
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
edatlanta wrote:
I had a group of campers where I am hosting that didn't get adjoining sites and my site was between them vs walking around a corner in the road. Fortunately they left yesterday because they would walk through my site right across my ground mat unless I was outside. So they knew they shouldn't be doing it, but would if they thought I wasn't looking.

Yesterday morning I saw one of them coming carrying two cups of coffee. Now I'm supposed to be nice to campers at all times so I walked out in front of this guy and asked him if I could help him. He wouldn't make eye contact, but said "no". I then asked if he needed any directions since he was walking through my site vs the road. He declined this too as he was still walking - still no eye contact. I then said "well have a nice day". When he came back for more coffee for his remote group he walked around the road.

I would have reached for one of the cups of coffee and thanked him for bringing it to me.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Walaby wrote:
Even though this thread is over 6 months old, was interesting to read. I guess I lead a sheltered life. To date, having been camping for about a year, going out at least once a month, I have yet to run into anything remotely close to what others are experiencing on this thread.

That, and all the folks who talk about rude pet owners, not cleaning up after their pets, or leaving their barking pet in the trailer for hours... I haven't run into that yet either.

Im sure I jinxed it now. But I seriously must live a sheltered life.

Mike
The truth is there is a lot more people like yourself then those that have trouble.

More people complain when something bad occurs then praise when they don't have issues, just how it is.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Making noise the next morning is just as rude as the offenders the night before if there are other rv'ers around.

If it's just you and the offenders, knock yourselves out.

GaryKH
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes, throwing bread crumbs on the roof of the partyers in the early morning works great! You do need to be in an area that has crows though. That and classical music at 7:00am & making a noisy breakfast. Gotta work the other end (morning vs evening).

Paul_Clancy
Explorer
Explorer
You Rv enough you will encounter rude. Rude is the new black. Couple that with disrespect and booze and wow - it is the equivalent of sleeping in a bar for what your rig cost plus the nightly rental. Amazing any of us get any sleep. I've seen it everywhere but not always. The only thing that keeps me rving is I feel most other Rvers are not this way. Also in most places quiet time is exactly that - not what the drinking campfire group decides it means. If someone pulls in next to you and scowls when you say hello as they are setting up a bar table and unloading coards of firewood - you are in for a long night. Get the managers after hours number in your phone. If a park owner/manager won't enforce their own rules I won't stay in thier park. In this age of on line reviews they risk not enforcing at thier own peril.

Raften
Explorer
Explorer
My dog keeps the uninvited out of a camp site.
'01 Dodge 3500 CTD, Lance 1121, Air Bags, Rancho 9000, All Wheels Under Power When Needed, A Few Engine Mods For Increased HP

Burning Grease, 800 ft/lbs. of torque from something you throw away.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Even though this thread is over 6 months old, was interesting to read. I guess I lead a sheltered life. To date, having been camping for about a year, going out at least once a month, I have yet to run into anything remotely close to what others are experiencing on this thread.

That, and all the folks who talk about rude pet owners, not cleaning up after their pets, or leaving their barking pet in the trailer for hours... I haven't run into that yet either.

Im sure I jinxed it now. But I seriously must live a sheltered life.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

SuzzeeeQ2012
Explorer
Explorer
leggy wrote:
So, we are at Lake George RV Park, N.Y. and had group of campers that were loud two nights in a row. First night I told them they should move their fire away from our camper, midnight. Second night, I went out and almost verbatim told them their conversations for the past half hour. Guy says that I should wear earplugs to bed. I then said you are annoying me and my family, so I will do the same. I started my truck and angled the high beams directly into their group.
About then the on duty manager shows up and apologizes to the group for having to respond to a complaint!
Long story short, we moved to a different site today, screwed up our days plans and we weren't in the wrong! Our new site is much tighter, but surrounded by other respectful campers. I never thought I wouldbe forced to move but they left us with no choice. Ok, rant over.

I feel your pain. We were camped next to some that had subwoofers going, fires goes right next to our bedroom window, etc. it was hotter than hades, and I really wanted to sleep with our bedroom window open, but couldn't. Wish I'd had the courage to say something to them sigh

new site, last night. I'm sleeping in the living room on the couch with my walking boot (ankle hairline fracture) as the bed at this point isn't comfortable. Windows open again because of heat (we're in Yuma, it's 91 degrees) A van pulls up across a wash from us, and leaves his fre@#@#$in headlights on ALL NIGHT LONG and they are shining into our windows. RUDE. I closed the curtains and it was ok, but by that time I was awake. Need to find the spotlight for times like this and shine it right back at them.
1997 HR Endeavor Turbo Diesel

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been known to make a lot of noise around 5 a.m. "Accidently" setting off the car alarm works wonders for the hangovers of late night partiers.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!