cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV flipping a big thing in Reno?

braindead0
Explorer
Explorer
November 25 2015 I was out in the garage working and a lady walks up the driveway (good thing I was done welding) and asks if I wanted to sell our TT. I said, no. She left.

Later that day, another lady knocks on the door (ignoring my no soliciting signs of course).. out of curiosity I opened the door and another lady asked if we wanted to sell our TT...

I asked my neighbor about it, he said it happens every now and then.. random people looking for someone desperate to get rid of a trailer..

So today, someone walks up to out TT and sticks a note on it.. "Hi would you like to sell your trailer as is please call tammy..." and an Oakland, CA phone number.

So I thought to myself.. "self.. you'd certainly sell for $20k.. everything is for sale if the price is right".

So I called (after blocking caller ID), told her $20k.. she didn't have a clue what trailer I was calling about (obvious at this point that she's driving around plastering these all over). I told her we have it just the way we want and it's pretty new 2013, $20,000 is it. She said 'my brother bought a 2013 for ten thousand just the other day'.. I said $20k and it's yours.. She said no, hung up.

For the life of me I can't see much money in flipping RV's in particular smaller/cheaper TT's. There's probably money flipping high end stuff. Perhaps they think that the 2 newer vehicles mean we're in debt up to our eyeballs and would be suckers for quick cash..

Seems rather weird to me..

Anyone else seeing similar?
2015 RAM 1500 4x4 5.7, 3.93
2013 Econ 16RB TT
15 REPLIES 15

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
Where I used to live, such folks came by often. Most RV's on our street were older, but these folks would try for anything.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed