cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV front cap bra?

DodgeVoltage
Explorer
Explorer
I saw a fifth wheel with a bra covering the whole front cap the other day. The decal on my toy hauler is starting to look bad due to UV damage and think this is a good idea to cover it up. Does anyone know where to get these? Does anyone have one already? If so, how do they attach? Thanks.
2010 Dodge 3500 Mega Cab Cummins Diesel DRW
2009 GMC 2500HD D/A Crew Cab
2012 Dutchmen 3795 Voltage Epic Package
2012 Smart Fortwo Passion
2017 Smart Fortwo Proxy
AD USAF 1996-2011 1700+ hrs E-3B/C AWACS
NYANG 2011-Present

K-State Wildcats!
13 REPLIES 13

DodgeVoltage
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses. I really don't care about scuffing up the cap a little over the years with a bra, or whatever lasts. The rest of the decals are starting to look chalky and the gel coat is dulling on the rest of it too. It's sad how fast these things go down hill when you don't have a roof to keep them under. I won't use an rv cover because I think they do more damage than they are worth and don't last long enough for what you pay for them. The fifth wheel that I saw that had a black bra on it looked pretty nice. They had a large "V" printed on it because the camper was a Voltage. I wanted to stop and ask, but had my Voltage on the truck and didn't want to maneuver it into the lot where it was parked.

I have talked to a guy about vinyl wraps, but the surface has to be near perfect for them to work. I like the idea of carbon fiber though.

If anyone finds what I'm looking for sometime, let us know because I'm keeping my ears open. Thanks. Marc
2010 Dodge 3500 Mega Cab Cummins Diesel DRW
2009 GMC 2500HD D/A Crew Cab
2012 Dutchmen 3795 Voltage Epic Package
2012 Smart Fortwo Passion
2017 Smart Fortwo Proxy
AD USAF 1996-2011 1700+ hrs E-3B/C AWACS
NYANG 2011-Present

K-State Wildcats!

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I agree that bras usually cause more damage than the cosmetic appearance they're supposed to help. But my cap looks so bad I'd be willing to risk it. I may have to check out the vinyl wrap, faux carbon fiber usually looks pretty tacky though.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Never seen a bra....on a vehicle....that didn't do more damage than good.
Stickers going bad? Just get rid of them. If you don't like the plain white or ghosting from uv fading, a vinyl wrap would do the trick.
Carbon fiber look wrap would be cool.
Another option I've considered is you can get very thin diamond plate aluminum sheeting. Looked into it for the TC. Would have added only about 50lbs to the front cap iirc and was not terribly expensive.

Clear bra is not the solution, even if in new condition as it's designed to go over smooth surfaces. The raised surface of the stickers would make the application or final appearance less than ideal.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
RV bra's.
I think the OP is searching for a bra for his 5th wheel. Those seem to be just bras for motorized vehicles. Darn the bad luck, cause I'm interested too.

Dang, I'm interested, been watching this thread too.

Jerry

From the looks of it they will make a custom bra. Call them and ask.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
DodgeVoltage wrote:
Does anyone know where to get these?

Try an RV or Marine upholstery business.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
fj12ryder wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
RV bra's.
I think the OP is searching for a bra for his 5th wheel. Those seem to be just bras for motorized vehicles. Darn the bad luck, cause I'm interested too.

Dang, I'm interested, been watching this thread too.

Jerry

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lots of whalebone, and fastens in the front.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Something pretty and lacy? Or for support?

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
RV bra's.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Way to think Mortimer Brewster!
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer II
Explorer II
Victoria's Secret?
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
You could also use an automotive clear bra. Usually the places that do auto accessories or window tinting would be the place to look.

FYI, my experience is that they won't last forever either. I just had to take one off my car after 7 years because it was turning cloudy.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
RV bra's.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln