cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

RV-1_2n-FUN
Explorer
Explorer
Stronger Dollar helps the price go down.... hip, hip, hooray

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
AO_hitech wrote:
So, oil is down to $65 a barrel. Those of you who claimed it was not either speculators or oil companies driving up the price, what do you now claim caused this spike? It can't be supply and demand as that just hasn't changed enough. It can't be china, they haven't changed enough. Just what was it?
I believe it was supply and demand until the price reached around $60 to $80 a barrel, after that it became speculators using cheap credit/money. Well, the cheap credit/money has disappeared and so have the speculators, at least for now. They have ran for cover licking their wounds, and in reading recent reports that have appeared there are numerous hedge funds that are in serious trouble and have lost some serious equity. Hopefully, those who provided cheap credit/money won't be as stupid, the next time. Of course, you can't bet on that.

OPEC has announced they are cutting production 1 and 1/2 million barrels a day trying to stabilize and raise the crude oil price. If that cut proves insufficient, they will cut more. You can bet on that. The members of OPEC will manipulate the price to their advantage rather than to any advantage of their customers. That's another thing you can bet on.

As Dick mentioned, China is in recession as are other nations including the US of A, demand for crude oil is decreasing, while electrical energy generation is slowly increasing with NEW coal fired plants, especially in China. Manipulation of crude oil supplies by OPEC member nations will only increase in response to world oil consumption. That is something else that can be bet on.

The suggestion that the election has caused it is laughable. If those in the so called conspiracy of power had anything to do with the fuel price drop, they would have knocked the******out of the prices back in January, and the economic bubble would still be on going.

Crude oil conspiracy theorists should really get a life. That is of course, something else I wouldn't bet on.:S
:CDavid
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to fish
Simply Despicable ๐Ÿ˜›
Any errors are a result of CRS.:s

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
What most folks do not realize is China finished their huge hydro dam project and all the Olympic related construction. They, as us, are now in a recession as well as most of the European community. Thus, globally fuel consumption is down.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

FreshAir
Explorer
Explorer
hitec, I really can't. But it's happened. Maybe physiological.

Pat
05 Pace Arrow, 36,B W24, SMI Braking, KVH R4 Satelite Dome,
Winegard Traveler Sat. Dish.
Pressure Pro tire system.
2011 Silverado 4x4 toad.

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer
FreshAir wrote:
It is definitely based on supply and demand on a global scale.

The global supply vs demand has only changed a few percentage points (if that) since oil peaked. The price of oil has changed OVER 100%. How do you explain that?!?

FreshAir
Explorer
Explorer
It is definitely based on supply and demand on a global scale. You & I and almost every one who drives a fuel/oil consuming thing has in some way cut back on useage due to cost. Not just here in the good old USA but world wide. Multiply that by many, many millions. Many in other countries have been hit harder than we have. Now the emphasis is again on better MPG things and alternative things to get from here to there and the need to get less dependent on fossil fuels for home utilities, etc, and NOW the entire world is serious about this. Now, if your a futures/commodities investor wouldn't this kinda change your investment stragties to where your now betting the price of oil is not going higher in the short run, now the Puts are on it going lower?

The challenge now is for all of us to remain serious in regards to alternative energy sources and to do what is necessary to keep the momumtum going. Let's not let ourselves slip back to the big SUV's are OK now that the fuel prices are below, say, $3.00/gal. We need to remain angry and demand less reliance on follil fuels. There is a way, we just need to find it. We can do it.

Spelling? sorry.

Pat
05 Pace Arrow, 36,B W24, SMI Braking, KVH R4 Satelite Dome,
Winegard Traveler Sat. Dish.
Pressure Pro tire system.
2011 Silverado 4x4 toad.

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer
So, oil is down to $65 a barrel. Those of you who claimed it was not either speculators or oil companies driving up the price, what do you now claim caused this spike? It can't be supply and demand as that just hasn't changed enough. It can't be china, they haven't changed enough. Just what was it?

Dockrock
Explorer
Explorer
It's seems a little CRAZY Gas prices would drop below $2.00 a gallon ,just a week before the Big American Election Day. With Two Big Oil Guys in the White House. Kind of makes you think ??????:h..Dock
First RV was a new small Starcfaft Metor tenttrailer(1991) Then we got a larger 1993 Starstrem Tent trailer.(1994) Then in 1999 we got a very used 1989  Fleetwood Terry Resort Fiver then in 2008 we got a new KZ Spree Fiver..Dock, Debbie & Dusty & Rockydog

pkunk
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone tried the Cheap gas
deal that's advertised here on RV.net? They sound convincing but I'm always leary..........:R
1999 Coachman Mirada 34 ft.V10-F53 chassis
12ft.LR slide-2 gp31 AGM 12V @220AH

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
SRT wrote:
SRT wrote:
Down to $2.93 a gallon for gasoline up here at the head of the lakes. Whoppee! :B Didn't see the price for diesel. Gas prices seem to be dropping every day.

Today gas prices are down to $2.79 in Duluth,MN. Diesel was a buck more.

Wednesday we paid $2.59 at Mills Fleet Farm (I-35W and Lexington Ave.) in the Twin Cities. We can only hope that prices will decline further and maintain lower prices.

Gas prices down again - $2.74. But Sam's club was $2.61 a gallon.

onrecess
Explorer
Explorer
"Still crrazy after all these years..." But right never the less.
My MH gets 8mpg. Of course we run the gen non-stop to drop it to 6 to help our poor oil companies.
My Roadstar gets 45.
My Scion TC gets 28.
It all averages out.
As for the Porsche, I was merely showing the interested party a cool site. (Plus, it NEVER gets cold here in sunny So. FL.) If we did go to nuke plants and electric cars, it is only 16 miles to work. And the best part: all the idiots with blasting stereos would have to turn them down! be worth it just for that.
I didn't claim nationalization, a Democrat congresswoman did. Read the thread!
You may as well just face it, as usual, I was right.I said big oil didn't want to let sheeple think Repugs mean shafting from big oil so it would drop just before the election and punative actions by a pissed off populous and a sympathetic Democrat majority.
I'm waiting for all the oil apologists to be a man about it and admit I was and am right.
Tom Anderson
2005 GeorgieBoy 35

Strawfoot
Explorer
Explorer
onrecess wrote:
Gee, that Onrecess guy predicted (before summer - see page 16) that gas prices would drop to between 1.67 (what it was when bushII took office) to $2.57 JUST BEFORE the election so the dems wouldn't nationalize the oil companies.
He is amazing!
Sort of like that Eli Stone of political hijinks!

(Okay, it is me!)

Gee, what a surprise! NOT!
Gosh, a party going in that isn't oil company owned and (coincidently, I'm sure) oil prices drop! Amazing! Just as that wise sage had said! And still the same people who said I was crazy will swear it was impossible to predict! Yeah, yet I did it.
Be afraid, be very, very afraid!
LMAO!

I think if we took a vote the majority would still say you are crazy. Gas prices went up and then went up and up and then up again. Like anything else (real estate, the stock market), the bubble was going to burst, at least for a while. Worldwide demand for crude oil is going to double in the coming years. What will the price of unleaded be in one year, two years, five years, ten years? Four bucks a gallon? Five? Eight? Ten, plus it will be rationed by the government? Who knows. Least of all someone who plans to convert a Porsche to run on golf cart batteries. Try checking with all of us who already use golf cart batteries to store solar power on our campers. You never want to run them under 50% charge and if it gets down below freezing, you can lose over 50% of that 50% you started out with. Turn on the a/c, wipers, radio, and headlights, and your range on that $25,000 converted Porsche will drop to 20 miles, maybe less if it is really cold.

And where in the world did you read that Democrats want to nationalize the oil industry?

By the way, what kind of gas mileage does a '96 Holiday Rambler with a Ford 460 get, wise sage? 6MPG?
2007 Keystone Cougar 244RLS
520 watts solar, 790 amp-hr @ 12v, 2000 watt Magnum, Winegard Slimline HD, 32" LCD, Onkyo 7-channel surround + sub-woofer, JT Strongarms, 16" HiSpec Wheels, BFG Commercial T/A's, Yamaha EF3000iSEB (propane), Thule T2 Bike Rack

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
SRT wrote:
Down to $2.93 a gallon for gasoline up here at the head of the lakes. Whoppee! :B Didn't see the price for diesel. Gas prices seem to be dropping every day.

Today gas prices are down to $2.79 in Duluth,MN. Diesel was a buck more.

Wednesday we paid $2.59 at Mills Fleet Farm (I-35W and Lexington Ave.) in the Twin Cities. We can only hope that prices will decline further and maintain lower prices.

onrecess
Explorer
Explorer
Gee, that Onrecess guy predicted (before summer - see page 16) that gas prices would drop to between 1.67 (what it was when bushII took office) to $2.57 JUST BEFORE the election so the dems wouldn't nationalize the oil companies.
He is amazing!
Sort of like that Eli Stone of political hijinks!

(Okay, it is me!)

Gee, what a surprise! NOT!
Gosh, a party going in that isn't oil company owned and (coincidently, I'm sure) oil prices drop! Amazing! Just as that wise sage had said! And still the same people who said I was crazy will swear it was impossible to predict! Yeah, yet I did it.
Be afraid, be very, very afraid!
LMAO!
Tom Anderson
2005 GeorgieBoy 35

Fezziwig
Explorer
Explorer
Here's an interesting diagram of USA energy flow, from all sources. What do you guys make of it?

Energy flow

(Just in case the HREF doesn't take:
http://www.jerrypournelle.com/images/2006/U.S.EnergyFlowTrends-2002-InExajoules-USEnFlow02-exaj.gif
)