cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. 🙂
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Electric cars will struggle along as the cute diversions they are until the day an advanced battery comes on the market. Then, with a sales spurt, say for a year or two, reality will once again rear its ugly head as we find shutting down coal fired generating plants coupled with successful NIMBY suits to halt or delay new gas or nuclear plants results in near shooting wars betwixt those who want to get to work in the morning and their stay at home spouses who would like to be able to use the ac, water heater and range.

All this would be fine if only the dream weavers would quit dreaming with my tax dollars. :M
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
I think CNG is the future of surface transportation. Hybrids make up 2% of the vehicles sold. The Volt is a dog and about half of it's pitiful sales have been to governments. Subsidies will not last forever. Ford is coming out with a new competitor to the Leaf. I have nothing against them. Only 1 in 3 people buying hybrids say they would rebuy. I am still of the opinion that fossil fuel prices are controlled by politics and that can change. Be sure and figure in the cost of the charger ($3,000 for 115 volt and $4,500 for the 220 volt. The various campaigns fracing are losing fast and that helps supply. With streamlining of the permitting processes and logical timing, we can become energy independent. The UK is walking away from wind energy and solar is way too expensive. When I gas up tomorrow, I will spend an extra $8 over 3 weeks ago. Right now there is a lot of cost shifting in these "green" technologies. When somebody says, "Oh the chargers are free.". Duh, they are not free, they are just paid for by the taxpayer. Not a lot in life is free.

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
edit: i guess my thoughts aren't welcome here :? edited it all out, nevermind!
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

dmatt
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, here in CA we have had a history of problems with power, like rolling black outs, etc. Don't think I want to depend on them to get to work. Interesting, I looked at a nissan leaf and the dealer said you can stop at any nissan dealer nationwide and recharge for free.
2018 F150 FX4, 3.5 EB, max tow
2019.5 Lance 2375
Madison-the loveable old lady of the dog clan
Riley-our rescued Black Lab
Scout-the new crazy Australian Shepherd puppy

Our camping photos

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
LindsayRichards wrote:
You should have bought a Volt. As part owner of the company, I want to see them succeed. That won't be happening those as they are being rejected in mass. When the subsidies are gone, so will the resale values. Electricity prices for recharging are said to be skyrocketing. Our prices are back up to $3.60 and my truck is running of fumes.

I see that the car battery firms are starting to fail. each electric car adds the equivalent of 1/3 of a house to the grid.
bumpy

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
You should have bought a Volt. As part owner of the company, I want to see them succeed. That won't be happening those as they are being rejected in mass. When the subsidies are gone, so will the resale values. Electricity prices for recharging are said to be skyrocketing. Our prices are back up to $3.60 and my truck is running of fumes.

dmatt
Explorer
Explorer
Stand by for the spike in gas prices again!! There was a fire at California's largest refinery that caused it to shut down. Prices have already jumped over $.10/gal and they say it will increase possibly by $.40/gal in the next week.

Sure glad I bought that Prius last week!!! :B
2018 F150 FX4, 3.5 EB, max tow
2019.5 Lance 2375
Madison-the loveable old lady of the dog clan
Riley-our rescued Black Lab
Scout-the new crazy Australian Shepherd puppy

Our camping photos

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Colorado lagged behind as prices dropped. But now, with prices finally down to around 3.38 for regular, we haven't seen the increases some other areas already have experienced.

But that's not tru of diesel. It has gone from upper 3.40s to 3.80 at most stations, although I caught a laggard last night and filled my nearly empty tank for 3.539.
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Gas prices went up 10¢ a gallon at many stations overnight. Now the high is $3.84 a gallon. Diesel is at a high of $4.05 a gallon. Gasoline will probably pass thru $4.00 a gallon real soon now...:E

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
cekkk wrote:
Don't get me started, Bumpy. Corn crop is devastated, yet EPA mandates a huge percentage of it to go into ethanol production. That will force other grain prices up even more. People in third world countries will die of starvation in even larger numbers than they already do, all so that the EPA can continue with its radical economically destructive behavior.

Mod, can I say that?

This is sorta the inverse of so many years where we had a glut in corn and ethanol. As for 3rd world folks we let wheat rot in the fields and other crops as opposed to sending it elsewhere.

You are right though this year and the next several years I think will be tough on gas prices and the dought years will continue.

I went 60 miles today and used 2/10's of a gallon of gas at just under 4 bucks a gallon, michigan is one of the highest prices.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
It seems ANY effort the environmentalists oppose can be held up for years, even killed, via the use of an EIS, environmental impact statement. I suggest we get our representatives to turn the tables on them by requiring, before any regulation or lawsuit is filed, that they file an EIS of their own - Economic Impact Statement. I'm serious. The public should be made aware of the huge costs and enormous damage they wreak on society.

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, I thought it was called the Employment Prevention Agency.

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
I call them the extreme pollution agency. Why? Well, the thousands of pages of regulations they generate consumes thousands of trees, consume a huge amount of and resources printing, distribution, and enforcing regulations. They also tend to generate more waste than a barn yard with their false rhetoric.

As for the rise in fuel prices, the dollar is slowly losing value internationally. The Chinese as well as others are buying copper, silver, and other commodities rather than treasuries. The market speculators are betting energy prices will rise thus bidding the current market prices up.

We are just starting to see the long-term market economic results of quantitative easing as well as other monetary policy.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
cekkk wrote:
Don't get me started, Bumpy. Corn crop is devastated, yet EPA mandates a huge percentage of it to go into ethanol production. That will force other grain prices up even more. People in third world countries will die of starvation in even larger numbers than they already do, all so that the EPA can continue with its radical economically destructive behavior.

Mod, can I say that?

Hey, I thought my sarcasm was obvious?
:s
bumpy

It was, it was. I just can't resist flaming EPA at every chance!

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
cekkk wrote:

Mod, can I say that?

Hey, I thought my sarcasm was obvious?
:s
bumpy