cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rv Park Admission Fee

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am at a Rv park that I have stayed at many times in the past, but now they have just began to require family visitors & our friends to pay an admission fee daily to visit us...is this something that other parks are also doing?...this is my first time to experience this...
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
55 REPLIES 55

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if I'm against this. Some camping folks would invite their five kids who would then bring the 9 grand kids and ALL would spend the day(s) at the pool, beach, springs, showers, toilets, etc.
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
in our park we charge a day use fee for visitors, that wish to use the facilities such as the pool or provided games. No charge for a daytime visit to a registered guests site if you are just visiting in a site.
SD State law requires us to have all visitors register if they will be using any of our facilities, for public health reasons. Our ins. co.'s also require registration to verify your visit in the event of a problem .
Private camps are held to a more stringent standard than publics by law in many states.
In SD, an unregistered visitor to private commercial property that uses the facilities amenity has no recourse in the event of accident or injury, because that person is considered a trespasser, is guilty of 'theft of service'
Please announce your intention on arrival, accept the fee for the use of the facility if they impose one.

blangen
Explorer
Explorer
In quite a few RV Parks, I have noticed the fine print says something about charges for visitors, additional cars, etc. Although we have, VERY occasionally, had visitors, we have yet to pay the fee. I'm thinking the fine print is there to keep the abuser of such things in check. I have seen sites where it looks like a family reunion on a regular basis with the kids (from outside the Park) heading to the pool. So long as you're not doing that, it's probably not an issue.

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Rocky_3 wrote:
I stopped to visit family two years ago at a park MN for evening steaks and was charged state sales tax on top of the daily visit fee. Never been back there.

How do the MN State Parks work? Do you purchase an annual or daily pass? When you were charged was that on top of what you would typically pay to get into a state park or was this simply the fee to use the park?

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Does it keep any freaks out?
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The visitor's fees seem to be more prevalent in parks with family oriented facilities, pools, playgrounds, beaches, etc. Other parks may only ask visitors to register at the office. Even at private parks with a fee I've never been charged when I offered to pay for a friend that was coming to just pick us up to go site seeing, etc., rather than staying to visit. Public parks with a day use fee would likely still want the fee though.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Just another cash grab from folks who wish to charge lots for a space not much bigger than a drive way.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Rocky_3
Explorer
Explorer
I stopped to visit family two years ago at a park MN for evening steaks and was charged state sales tax on top of the daily visit fee. Never been back there.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Common in both private and publically owned parks.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
A. Yes.

Depends on the park.

It's just another way to increase revenue.
Private park = it's their park and can do what they want.
Your choice is to go elsewhere.

There's a local RV park that hosts various events - such as a dog breed event. If you're not camping there, and you want to attend the event, you get to pay $10 for the privilege.

BTW - no different than a State Park charging for day use.

It is what it is.

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, some parks do ask for visitation or day use fee.