cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Share - Feedback/Thoughts

upmm019
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to see if anyone is using or has used the RV Share to rent their RV or Trailer.

I am considering it but before jumping into it thought I would see if anyone has and what you thought about it.

Also - anyone know of a RV /GPS tracking device/service?
23 REPLIES 23

AmericalVette
Explorer
Explorer
I own rental property; Single family homes, apartments, mobile homes, and self storage units. I am constantly cleaning, repairing, etc. There is no way in hell that I would ever rent out (or loan) my rig!
Times fun when you're having flies!

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
My insurance was VERY specific about NOT renting or using it for "business purposes". But having it ready to go, loaded with all our gear, was the reason we bought it in the first place. I agree with another poster - if I had to rent it to afford it, I'd just sell it and buy a tent.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Haha.....NO.
Shoulda seen what we did off road to a rental RV in Ak! Glad it wasn't mine, lol.
My buddy thought he'd flow me out onto the gravel bars in the copper River.
Took a few tek screws to fix er up! Want the first time it'd been tail drug though. Took some lumber and deck screws first....
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bad idea no matter how you look at it. Just like boating. A partnership is a sinking ship.

Who covers repairs? Who determines when who gets to use it? Everyone wants it for holiday weekends. Who maintains it? The idea of 'clean' to one is not necessarily the same as the other.

Much better to rent. Pay your money & that is it. If something breaks, not your headache. Book in advance & have it whenever you want.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

jwmII
Explorer
Explorer
These situations seem to always end badly. Renters will mess things up in ways you have never seen or thought about.
jwmII

braindead0
Explorer
Explorer
I would never consider it, the likely customers here would be going to Burning Man and the dry lake they have that on is notoriously hard on everything... then add to that a bunch of burners and ...... no way.
2015 RAM 1500 4x4 5.7, 3.93
2013 Econ 16RB TT

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
mbopp wrote:
I won't loan mine to family or friends, why would I let a stranger use it?
X-2, I wouldn't rent (OR Loan) mine to my Mother, let alone some stranger I didn't even know.
If I need to worry about making money on it when i"m not using it, why even have it.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Arcamper
Explorer
Explorer
I would do it in a minute. $58k per week. Don't think I would have any takers but they could tear it up and I would have another new one with every rental......
2016 Montana 3100RL Legacy(LT's,Joy Rider 2's,disc brakes)
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Cummins/Aisin 14,000 GVWR
2014 Ford Expedition Limited, HD tow pkg
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
1999 Stingray 240LS
1994 Chevy 1500 5.7 PU
2018 John Deere 1025R
B&W RVK3600 Hitch

KE6IRJ
Explorer
Explorer
I am am owner and have my trailer on there.

Not a lot of traffic, but I am in a small town and require a 3/4 ton.

I am taking vacation this week, so if you want info you can message me, but don't expect a reply until mid July unless I get a wild hair to go online.
Brian
2010 Keystone Springdale SG294BHSSR
2006 Ford F250 Superduty SB 4x4

Dano1955
Explorer
Explorer
scbwr wrote:
I've worked too hard to be able to buy my trailer and wouldn't consider allowing others to use it! Consider what you have to learn to be an RV owner, and think about letting strangers with absolutely no background in RVing using your rig. Haven't all of us had our "oh *&$#" moments where we've screwed up and done something wrong or damaged our rigs?

Not me ๐Ÿ™‚

But on my only 2 outings since purchase, I've locked my keys in the truck both times....:o :S

Community Alumni
Not applicable
If I had to do it to continue rving, I would have to simply give up rving. The whole notion of liabilities, maintenance, wear & tear is one thing but the big issue is someone else using my space.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Like most others said " It is my toy and I ain't sharing."
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

filthy_beast
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our RV to have our own bed, bathroom and kitchen. If we rented it that would be a moot point and we might as well go back to hotels.
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You cannot make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
If I needed to get out of a loan on it I would rent it for an exorbitant price before I would sell it underwater. But other than that, there ain't nobody using my RV without me in it.