cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Size of lug nuts on 60s travel trailer

flatlandflyer
Explorer
Explorer
I will be traveling 70 Miles north to cover a vintage travel trailer I recently purchased. It is a 60s (Esta Villa by Estevan Industries of Calgary Canada) and it has been sitting for about 8 years. It appears to be in reasonable condition but I know the tires will be bad and need to be replaced. Can someone tell me the size of the lug nuts so I will be prepared. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

westend
Explorer
Explorer
My '71 Starcraft has Dexter wheels. It has the lug bolts pictured by JJBIRISH, all of them are right hand. These rims are still sold at Etrailer.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
I'd take 1/2" drive metric and SAE sockets, a breaker bar and a 24" cheater bar. Good luck.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bring every socket you own. That way, you can be sure it does NOT have any of those sizes! ๐Ÿ˜„

(That IS how it usually works...)
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
From the 60โ€™s, it may have lug bolts and either Dexter or Fayette wheelsโ€ฆ but maybe you will get luckyโ€ฆ

Very hard to find...

If so, it gets worseโ€ฆ one side will have left handed threads, and the other side right handed threadsโ€ฆ

Fayette wheels

Dexter wheelsโ€ฆ they are interchangeableโ€ฆ
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

stubblejumper
Explorer
Explorer
Careful because a trailer that old may have both RH and LH thread studs. Take a couple of cans of Liquid Wrench and a breaker bar. Only way to tell without taking them off is that the studs will have an R or L in the outside end.
1999 Winnebego Chieftain
Wayne & Leila and Teddi (the Kid in the brown fuzzy pyjamas)

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
3/4" & 13/16" are most common size of SAE lug nuts (19mm & 21mm for metric)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31