cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Smell of mold and must

Sammyboy101
Explorer
Explorer
From day of delivery we have had an ordor of mold and a musty smell . It permeates every thing. From clothing to our food and everything else. Whatever we put in the RV comes out smelling like mold. It takes several washing of our cloths to get the Odor out. We have opened cereal and crackes that have tasted of the odor. We have to throw any food that has been there away as even the labels on canned foods smell and it gets into my pantry at home. We have taken it back to the dealership and they said they did a mold test and didn't turn up anything. We put down 3 test dishes one in each room and they all showed mold. All the dealer came up with was that the vent pipe in the holding tank was not in right. They corrected that and said they could t find anything else. We still had the odor. The service department manager told us it should go back to Forest River that they couldn't address the issue any further. I spoke to Forest River many times and they told me they are not in the business of taking them back. I was told by a women there to wash down the inside with vinegar and water and to put carpet deodorizer on the carpet. Stupid me tried that and it masked the odor for a few days and was back again. PLEASE HELP!!! Does anyone have any ideas. We don't know what to do anymore. We are at our wits end and about ready to give up camping which would be very devastating for us as we love camping so much.
Thank you LD
15 REPLIES 15

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
What FR brand? We have had nothing but great support from Forest River Cedar Creek division.