cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Spruce up my camper

coachman05
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 5th wheel 7yrs old now and starting to show its age alittle so I was thinking about sprucing it up some how. Im not sure what I can do to change anything on it to freshen it up so to speak. Any ideas?
2008 8244 Rockwood
2003 1500 5.3 liter Silverado
7 REPLIES 7

coachman05
Explorer
Explorer
solismaris wrote:
coachman05 wrote:
I have a 5th wheel 7yrs old now and starting to show its age alittle so I was thinking about sprucing it up some how. Im not sure what I can do to change anything on it to freshen it up so to speak. Any ideas?

We painted the inside walls with bright tropical colors. Much better than the tacky vinyl wallpaper it came with. It's beautiful!

Added some throw pillows for the sofa.

Hung up some "artwork" minitatures; actually mostly postcards mounted on foam core.

Made some curtains; they add definition and appeal to the day/night shades. And removed the hideous vinyl-covered wood valences and made our own from the same curtain material.

Have any pictures? Before and after maybe?
2008 8244 Rockwood

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
"coachman05"....I have friends who often bring over new to them RV's that they would like me to go through, fix and spruce up a little.

On the exterior, I get my son-in-law to scrub the roof and then clean and polish the exterior, pretty standard stuff. After that, I start in on the rest of it. I clean the visible part of the frame and repaint with a spray can, making everything black again underneath. On yours, that would include cleaning up the fifth wheel and painting.

If the bumper is painted, it gets a new coat. Clean the rims and put a coating on the tires. If the trailer is really lifted above the tires, I spray the wheel well with spray on rubber coating.

I go around to all the windows, door frames and trim edges and clean off any excess putty that has oozed out. I use a plastic scraper and then follow up with OOPS to clean off the residue. Often you see hoses, tape or electrical wires hanging. I secure those and make sure they're out of the way and hidden.

Do you ever wonder why a new car or motorcycle always shines better when it's new? It's because the areas behind the parts you typically clean and polish are clean and shiny. Once they get some mileage on them, the parts that you can't reach or typically clean get dirty and they no longer reflect back off of the parts in front of them. I try to deep clean and get those parts as clean as possible.

Just go over your fifth wheel inch by inch and fix things that are broken, oozing putty or need painting and repair. The trailer will look great when you're done and people will notice.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

LakeN
Explorer
Explorer
If u have a wallpaper border that can be easily changed. Might want to add a tile back splash in galley or bathroom.
'16 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 25B
'14 Ford Focus Titanium Toad with Blue Ox tow system

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've always found a good wash and wax keeps by me keeps me from spending large sums.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

coachman05
Explorer
Explorer
What about the exterior?
2008 8244 Rockwood

Poppy___Nana
Explorer
Explorer
New curtains, re-upholster, change out the hardware on the doors and drawers, change out the faucets.....
Leo & Kathy
Upstate, NY
in the Adirondacks

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy Hauler
2008 - Ford F250 Super Crew 4x4

solismaris
Explorer
Explorer
coachman05 wrote:

We painted the inside walls with bright tropical colors. Much better than the tacky vinyl wallpaper it came with. It's beautiful!

Added some throw pillows for the sofa.

Hung up some "artwork" minitatures; actually mostly postcards mounted on foam core.

Made some curtains; they add definition and appeal to the day/night shades. And removed the hideous vinyl-covered wood valences and made our own from the same curtain material.
David Kojen