cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Starting over

82corvette
Explorer
Explorer
My wife & I were commenting a couple weeks ago how we have gotten so busy the last couple years that we only camped 2 weekends last year & haven't been out this year. I decided to put my HD 2500 GMC on Craigslist for a grand over retail just to see what happened, 5 minute after it posted I had 15 emails. Long story short we got full retail out of it the next day & it went with a nice young couple from Lincoln, NE. We purchased a 2012 Ram 1500 Crew with a hemi & 3:92 posi & every available option. I hooked it up to the 308FBS & it impressed me with it's ability. I thought what if I put the Jayco on Craigslist for a grand over retail. The result was a couple took it with them back to Joplin,MO. I loaded their pickup with every spare camping item we had stashed except for my Winegard Carryout automatic satellite. I can't believe how quick it sold & how much room I have in my garage. I was happy with my decision till just now when my wifes nephew showed up to show us his new 38' Montana 5er. And depression has set in.
5 REPLIES 5

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Lol. I hear ya. We decided back in February to put our TT in storage at the beach. We were really only taking it there for the most part. It was just so big trying to take to the mountains and there places we couldn't fit it or the TT wasn't set up for dry camping. The truck was bought just for the trailer. So we traded it in and got my wife a ford explorer. Something we could tow the golf cart to the beach with and something we wouldn't worry about her driving around town at 11mpg. We thought we would buy a cheap used pop up to pull with the explorer to the mountains and we did. Had it a little over a month and due to other responsibilities and I cooperating weather, we hadn't used it yet. Our plan was to do this for a few years and then buy a class c. Well, it set in about some places we wanted to go, but not in the pop up. We went and looked at the class c's and traded the two campers in on one. Now we can't wait to get out.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Krease
Explorer
Explorer
taviking22 wrote:
End your depression- do start over and buy a new TV and TT or 5W. Then come up to Alaska where we are! Guaranteed- no depression here!

I think some people disagree with you on the "no depression".

http://dhss.alaska.gov/SuicidePrevention/Documents/pdfs_sspc/AKSuicideStatistics.pdf

That being said, I would love to visit!
2011 Ram 3500 Longhorn H.O. Megacab DRW
2012 Montana 3750FL

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
We've been in shoes similar to you guys the last several years. Last summer was taken up by building my "dream" garage which I just finished a couple of weeks ago. We're going to Alaska in a couple of weeks but we're flying. I plan to take us somewhere in the MH when we get back but I don't know where.

taviking22
Explorer
Explorer
End your depression- do start over and buy a new TV and TT or 5W. Then come up to Alaska where we are! Guaranteed- no depression here!
taviking22
Omaha, NE

'06 2500HD Silverado 4X4, Duramax LBZ, Firestone air bags
2008 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 Boat
2012 Jayco Pinnacle 31RLTS

prolandsurveyor
Explorer
Explorer
There is only one cure for that....get another one!
2013 Thor majestic 28a
1971 vw superbeetle