Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

STORAGE PROBLEM

PLASTICMAN1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a industrial building with a 10' wide roll up door, would
a 34' class A motor home fit thru the door? has any body done it? It would be a straight shot.Haven't tried it yet! just asking!

thanks
22 REPLIES 22

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Just a wild suggestion.....measure your RV width and height rather than asking a random group of folks if it will fit.
(But if it doesn't fit then you have the only motorhome that is over 10' wide and you're not legal to drive it without a wide load permit....it will fit in a 10x14 hole)
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
mountainkowboy wrote:
Shouldn't be an issue after you do it a few times.

I used to back this

Down this all the time, with about 2" to spare on each side.

Yeah, that's what our driveway looked like - we added onto our 12'-sidewall polebarn, but had to dig a "basement addition" to get enough height for the door
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
bucky wrote:
Leave enough room on the side with the door so that you can get out 0f the RV.
I think that I would pull in nose first. It's easier to back into daylight than a black hole. It would also minimize exhaust fumes.

I didn't have the luxury of "space" on both sides of the MH, so I parked REALLY close on the driver's side and exited through the passenger-side access door. Easy to do on an RV....LOL! It was not an ideal parking situation - however, I had indoor enclosed parking ๐Ÿ˜‰ Something that kept our Class C looking like new even 10 years later.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used to BACK our 28' Class C (widebody) through a 10' door all the time (and the driveway was downhill and twisty). I would back up until the mirrors almost touched the door frame; then I'd fold them in. Once clear of the door frame, I'd open the driver's side mirror again, and finish backing in. Yes, it's hard to see inside the building compared to the bright outdoors light, so I added reflectors on the driver's side polebarn posts at the right height to be illuminated by the taillights. You just need to be patient is all.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
Verify that your television antenna is down.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Leave enough room on the side with the door so that you can get out 0f the RV.
I think that I would pull in nose first. It's easier to back into daylight than a black hole. It would also minimize exhaust fumes.
Puma 30RKSS

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I agree the RV is 8 1/2 foot wide save for the mirrors might go out to 9 or a bit more. Should be no problem with a 10 foot wide door.. BUT HEIGHT... That's the issue

True story: The Michigan state police give a Trooper a Safe Driving award if he goes long enough without denting anything.. I was reading the news on the award.
The contestant While exiting the Headquarters Garage. Did strike the HEADER of the door And POOF went his award eligibility for another 4 years. (paraphrased).

We figured out how he did it.. Can you guess? (and no he did not pull a wheelie).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
if in 1st you don't succeed then shift to 2nd and gas it.........
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
Back up until it sounds expensive. Go slow and good luck. Must be nice to have an indoor space. Enjoy it.

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Be sure that your slides are in !

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
Tape Measure.....
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Jam it and hope fr the best....lol
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Shouldn't be an issue after you do it a few times.

I used to back this

Down this all the time, with about 2" to spare on each side.

Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

fairway2002
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it will. I do it 30 times a year.. It's tight. Hard part of going in a building is its like a black hole until your mirrors are in. I have under an inch on each side with the weather stripping

Go slow