cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SumoSprings and Dodge 3500

Winterwolf227
Explorer
Explorer
Been looking at Firestone air bags, burt recently cameacross these to help with my "squat" when my trailer is attached.

Anyone have these installed and suggestions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl8vlAGJeQw&feature=plcp
Kb,Lori,Abby and Doberman Rosie and Boxer Boaz
Portland, OR
2004.5 Dodge 4x4 Cummins, 48RE, Firestone RideRite Air Bags

2016 Creekside 23DBS
Past -
2014 Komfort Trailblazer 2610BH
2005 Starcraft Hybrid
10 REPLIES 10

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Get rid of the leveling kit. All you are worrying about are esthetics! That truck TT combo should not need anything.

X2
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Winterwolf227
Explorer
Explorer
Did the Firestone RideRight Airbags and I cant believe that I towed that long without them. What a major difference in the ride and comfort while towing....Thank You all for your help.
Portland, OR

2016 Creekside 23DBS
Past -
2005 Starcraft Hybrid

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Get rid of the leveling kit. All you are worrying about are esthetics! That truck TT combo should not need anything.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I'd go air bags. I would think that those are more for full time loads. Gotta be a rough ride when empty.

Winterwolf227
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with you about the "should not squat" but teh problem is that I have a 2.5 inch level kit on the front, so in therory it should be level, but teh leveling kit in the front counteracts that ๐Ÿ˜‰ So now I am looking at counteracting the counteract. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Its not much of a sag, but it is noticeable and that is what drives me crazy.
Portland, OR

2016 Creekside 23DBS
Past -
2005 Starcraft Hybrid

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Honestly your truck shouldn't need any help. I Agree with Barney that your WDH is suspect. Any chance you could post a pic of your setup?

Scott

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I assume that you are using a weight distributing hitch that is properly sized for the tongue weight of your trailer. Your tow vehicle is more than enough for that trailer and should be able to support the tongue weight easily IF you have the WD hitch adjusted correctly. Keep in mind that some sag in the rear is normal. I would think that you would not get much with a 1 ton truck and a 26 foot trailer.

Take a look the the sticky at the top of this page for information on properly adjusting the WD hitch. That is all you should need unless you are carrying a LOT of extra weight in the bed of the truck in addition to the tongue weight of the trailer.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Firestone Ride Rite on my truck, bolt on no drill. Real easy to install.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

abc40kids
Explorer
Explorer
If you are referring to Super Springs then yes, very good product and I've sold many sets to customers. Call SS direct and explain why you want them and they will explain how they work and give you the correct part number. They have great tech guys that don't mind talking to you.
Jeff,Julie,Amber,Brandon,and Casey and Winston ( our 5 year old Golden ) and Bruno the Pug. We now have an English Cream, white Golden Retriever as well.
2015 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 356TBF
2005 Chevy duramax dually

coachmen1955
Explorer
Explorer
try truckspring. com thay my have you something