Hawk7
Explorer
Explorer
RandACampin wrote:
MrWizard wrote:
here is something similar
looking at these and comparing the OP
i wonder why the tongue and LP bottles are not visible in the OP

They are not visible because it's PHOTOSHOPED.

Again... The picture my husband took and I posted on this thread is NOT photoshopped. Believe what you want and pick apart the "details" that make you all think that it is photoshopped. But it is 100% real. I have no reason to post a fake pic.
2015 Skyline Dart 214BH Traded in for 2016.5 Skyline Javelin 285rb
2011 Ford F150 Lariat Ecoboost Super Crew

drae0814
Explorer
Explorer
This is what happen when you ask the wrong questions i onced asked the dealer if i could tow a 32 foot 6400lb TT with my 1500 and he said yes I sold it one year latter. it could be towed but safely no
enjoy life while you can:D

05 Dodge HEMI Quad Cab
2011 Dutchmen Colorado 5th wheel 37 ft

slickest1
Explorer
Explorer
I wish I would have got a picture. A few years ago traveling along a secondary route in B.C. we caught up to a trailer that was all over the road. Finally I had a place to pass and it was at least a 26 ft. travel trailer hooked up to an old Chevy mini van, front wheel drive. The back bumper of the van was only inches from the ground and the front wheels were close to coming off the ground on bumps, in fact they may have been. This guy had very limited steering control and was a danger to everyone on the road.

It is one thing to be down on your luck and another to be just plain dumband endanger everyone else.
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

RandACampin
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:

They are not visible because it's PHOTOSHOPED.
HEY CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.rvingoutpost.com

MrWizard

I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Jagtech
Explorer
Explorer
3oaks wrote:
What's scary is me reading all the dumb comments.
Not one person thinking of the people involved in that situation. Could be homeless people down on their luck with no where to go and of course nobody willing to help!

What folks should really think about is the number of fatalities that could occur if this vehicle loses control on the freeway. Do you want your family travelling in a vehicle passing in the path of this rig?
1998 Triple E F53
1995 Jeep Wrangler toad

slickest1
Explorer
Explorer
The dually looks like it is in heat!
The sport track has the hood open because they are adding a chip for more power!
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

MrWizard
Bigdog wrote:
What is interesting to me is that that rig looks like a very easrly fifth wheel that they have put a regular trailer hitch on and the hitch bent and dropped the trailer on the roof of the truck.
I wish that I could find the video of the Volkswagon Beetle with the fifth wheel hitch on the roof or the one of the older Ford Explorer hanging off the bridge still hooked to the trailer.

No not an early fifth wheel
That's a forward over head single bunk, for one person or child
Would easily clear the back end of a pickup our heavy sedan car of the same time period
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MrWizard
here is the youttube video of the VW 5th wheel on the roof

VW bug pulls trailer
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mr.Mark wrote:
rockhillmanor wrote:
Mr.Mark wrote:
John & Angela wrote:
We hear it at the dealership all the time when we tell them they have to pay attention to weights. "I have a dually, I can put anything on this truck and still pull a horse trailer"

Can somebody tell me what has actually happened here? The springs broke? The frame?

It seems to me that the transmission would have given out before the frame.

The major weight of the horse trailer would have been on the trailer tires

, right?Thanks,MM.

No...it would be 4 horses or even more at 1,200 lbs.each inside scrambling. :W

This cargo moves! I often pull a four place slant horse trailer with my MH. You KNOW it's back there when they start moving around. I.E. scrambling.

My question is not answered.... what has happened to the truck?

Thanks,
MM.

This trucks frame broke... The frame is not bent it sheared....IIRC this is a F450 and the owner had a local frame shop repair the frame and he hit the road again... Pretty huge thread in the TC forum about six months ago..

4500 lb TC plus heavy tongue weight on the trailer plus a receiver extension was too much for the F450. Frame breaks are not as uncommon as you might think in a TC.

Big heavy TC plus hard off-roading can and does break frames.

The SportTrac has a noodle for a receiver. I'm suprised that this receiver has held up.

I can't tell if the SportTrac's frame is bent... The pseudo truck needs a stronger receiver and WD at minimum.

The Blazer (not the gooseneck monstrosity) can have a 5500 lb tow rating... Probably needs WD dialed in.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
What is interesting to me is that that rig looks like a very easrly fifth wheel that they have put a regular trailer hitch on and the hitch bent and dropped the trailer on the roof of the truck.
I wish that I could find the video of the Volkswagon Beetle with the fifth wheel hitch on the roof or the one of the older Ford Explorer hanging off the bridge still hooked to the trailer.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
poppin_fresh wrote:

Dont get me wrong, it's hilarious, but as someone who has worked with photo editors for over 20 years, I'm going to stick by my hunch. I believe the truck image might be real, but not with a camper attached.

What a load of BS.

You're saying the OP is lying and you lay down this nonsense?
You obviously don't work with Photoshop, I do.
That picture in clean, untouched.
There are so many elements in that image you would be able to pick out any editing.

okhmbldr
Explorer
Explorer
Firstly, I don't think it's photo shopped. I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary in the photo.
Secondly, I have a little different take on the problem. Looks to me like the Tongue on the trailer broke or bent, causing the downward push of the camper forcing more weight at the hitch. JMHP.

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
Hawk7 wrote:
poppin_fresh wrote:
Hawk7 wrote:
I can't believe I just witnessed this.

+10 for the bad Photoshop image.

Poppin_fresh, I can assure you that this is NOT photo shopped as you think. My husband took this photo with his cellphone. I am not into drama and wouldn't post fake pictures.

Dont get me wrong, it's hilarious, but as someone who has worked with photo editors for over 20 years, I'm going to stick by my hunch. I believe the truck image might be real, but not with a camper attached.

Reasons why:
1) Look at the bunk on top of the camper and where it meets the truck cap. It's a perfectly crisp edge yet is embedded into the cap?

2) Notice how you can see almost half of the back of the TV. Is that camper only two feet wide? Maybe the TV and camper are angled? If that's the case, to see that much of the tailgate, the front of the TV would have to be pointed at the Walmart with the camper's rear also pointed at the Walmart. When you look at the back of the camper it is clearly showing an angle NOT pointed to the Walmart, but rather away.This would mean the front of the camper should actually be hiding more of the back of the TV from our view.

3) Look at the roof line of the camper. It is clearly headed upwards on the right side of the sign, but if you continue the roofs plane past the sign, the back appears to be much lower than it should be.

4) Why is the camper so much whiter than everything else in the photo? I would like to know how the owner of a camper that old has managed to keep it so white. It's significantly whiter than the clouds even though the TV is filthy? Did they just paint it in the parking lot?
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH