cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire Born Dates

Retired_VSP
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm getting ready to purchase 5 new Goodyear tires for my mh. Two of the tires have April as born dates...3 have October and November 2016. Is the October and November dates something I should be concerned about or should I go with them?
Bobby and Lynda
Retired VSP and High School Counselor, respectively
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value".....Albert Einstein
2 REPLIES 2

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
How old were the tires on your truck when you bought it? Or your car? Or any cars or trucks before you became aware of the "Old Tire" mythos? I have never checked the age on a tire until fairly recently when the subject arose on the forum.

I would have no issue with those tires. Heck, I could have had 10 year old tires in the past and been totally unaware of it. And never have had an issue with bad tires. But of course YYMV.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Retired VSP wrote:
I'm getting ready to purchase 5 new Goodyear tires for my mh. Two of the tires have April as born dates...3 have October and November 2016. Is the October and November dates something I should be concerned about or should I go with them?

This topic has many different views and opinions. IMHO, I will not accept and tires that have a mfg. date older than 6 months.