cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tires

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
This was my horse trailer not my camper. Came home from a trip and parked the trailer. Unloaded the horses and was walking back towards the trailer when I heard a loud Kaboom. No name tires were 8 years old. My Bad. Ordered Goodyear Endurance tires not only for the horse trailer but also for the 7 year old travel trailer. Grateful it blew while parked and not on the road.
5 REPLIES 5

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Good call on the ENDURANCE.

Maybe we can start recommending them next year when they have 3 years of solid real world use.

Neighbors just bought a TT made in Oregon that came with ENDURANCE tires.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
You and the horse(s) are lucky this did not happen at speed. It is really important to exercise the tires on any vehicle to keep them flexible and plyable. I use a UV protector spray on the MH tires and any trailer we happen to have sitting for a couple of weeks or more. Safety and $$$
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Youโ€™re grateful? Ask the horses.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
You are indeed lucky that it didn't blow on the road, especially with horses aboard!

Post yourself a sign in the barn to remind you to proactively replace those tires in August 2025, lest your luck run out.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Lucky You! I have had 2 similar experiences on two enclosed trailers, not RVs. Both times after returning from long trip, parked in driveway, one went flat immediately, steel cords sticking out the sidewall, and the other a nail in tread, flat in the morning. My only on the road issue, yup a blowout, about 2AM on New Years Eve, temp minus 10 F, high wind, blowing snow, no shoulder on road. That was a single axle, open sled trailer...don't want to talk about that one.

Jerry