cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

towed

tank42
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for info on wiring hookup for 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee overland. Will be hooking to 2014 allegro bus both have led lighting i prefer plug and play if it available i have not been able to find the plug and play Any info would be great . I have tow bar and acc.Wireing is my problem. Thanks for now
7 REPLIES 7

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
At this website I found several guides and clicked Towing Electrical for a PDF guide. It has all of the information you need to wire and adapt front to back. And apparently other guide information you may need.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

dubdub07
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo wrote:
In order of MY preference, but I used option 2. (I carry option 4 in the car trunk as emergency backup.)

Option 1:

drill a hole in each tail light fixture and install a new 2 filament bulb. run wires to the RV's 7 pin connector

Option 2:

put diodes in wire going to car tail lights and run wires to the RV's 7 pin connector.

Option 3:

make a tail light bar that installs in the car's trailer hitch. run wires to the RV's 7 pin connector

Option 4:

put magnetic tail lights on the back of the car and run wires to the RV's 7 pin connector.

That is all I've got.

I chose option one. It is the easiest and just as hidden as diodes.
2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
TOADS: 12 Jeep JKUR Wrangler, 16 Cherokee Trailhawk, 15 Grand Cherokee, 13 RAM 1500 Longhorn (not a toad) American STEEL = American profits
RET USAF MSGT (26yrs) and still DoD ATC.
DW,DS,DD in the MH w/Westley the killer PUG!

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
In order of MY preference, but I used option 2. (I carry option 4 in the car trunk as emergency backup.)

Option 1:

drill a hole in each tail light fixture and install a new 2 filament bulb. run wires to the RV's 7 pin connector

Option 2:

put diodes in wire going to car tail lights and run wires to the RV's 7 pin connector.

Option 3:

make a tail light bar that installs in the car's trailer hitch. run wires to the RV's 7 pin connector

Option 4:

put magnetic tail lights on the back of the car and run wires to the RV's 7 pin connector.

That is all I've got.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
There is really no such thing as plug-N-play. Normal installation would require the use of diodes. Check this link and wiring diagram
Roadmasterinc.com
If you do not what to go that route, a set of magnetic lights from Harbor Freight will or should plug into your rig.
Verify what style of connector is on the rear of MH and how it is wired.
If you have amber turn signals on the MH, you may need a combiner to convert the Jeep to show correctly.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

dubdub07
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 GC Overland, so what is your question? Many options on wiring....
2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
TOADS: 12 Jeep JKUR Wrangler, 16 Cherokee Trailhawk, 15 Grand Cherokee, 13 RAM 1500 Longhorn (not a toad) American STEEL = American profits
RET USAF MSGT (26yrs) and still DoD ATC.
DW,DS,DD in the MH w/Westley the killer PUG!

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
Shouldn't it be moved to the Dingy Towing forum?
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

Shavano
Explorer
Explorer
Moved to Towing

'15 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD
'18 Forest River Avenger :C "Dolci"
Kipor KGE3500Ti