cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing a dura max diesel chevy pickup

RicB
Explorer
Explorer
I am setting up a 2019 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dura Max diesel to flat tow. Chevy calls for the batteries (2) to be disconnected. If you have done this, what type of battery disconnect for dual batteries did you use.
2006 42' Allegro Bus
FMCA - F311884
5 REPLIES 5

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
whemme wrote:
That 1 ton pickup probably weighs at least 6000 lbs. Why do you want to tow something so dam heavy?

So folks like you would ask why? Just guessing....
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
whemme wrote:
That 1 ton pickup probably weighs at least 6000 lbs. Why do you want to tow something so dam heavy?

I'm guessing it's because he can. Towing an 8000 lb toad with a 42' diesel pusher is much easier than towing the combination in your signature. If I had a big diesel pusher I wouldn't hesitate to rig up my F250 diesel with an air actuated braking system and 10K tow bar and tow it.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
whemme wrote:

Diesel 350/3500โ€™s weigh 8000 to 8500 lbs empty.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
RicB - I would check on the type of disconnects used in class 8 trucks.

I saw a Duramax dually with a motorcycle lift on the rear flatbed set up as a flat tow. The owner had a brake system connect actuated by the motorhomeโ€™s air brakes. It was a nice set up.

whemme
Explorer II
Explorer II
2002 Born Free 26' RSB Motorcoach
2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS Toad