Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing

michbill
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
MichBill here. I am still trying to decide on about a new, to us, toad. It has become a little more urgent since our 2001 Grand Cherokee blow an engine. We put in a rebuilt, but I donโ€™t have any confidence in it.
I am still interested in a Grand Cherokee. However, trying to find a used one with the correct transfer case is a challenge. My wife has suggested a minivan, and you know what that means. I have looked in the towing guides and not been able to find any that are tow-able four wheels down. I talked to a camper at the campgrounds we are at, and he said he normally flat tows a 2008 Honda Odyssey. However, he was dollying another Odyssey.
My questions are: Does anyone know if there are minivanโ€™s that are flat tow-able? Also can any of the folks that use a dolly provide some suggestions as to brand, ease, storage and ease of hook up?
Thank you all
Bill
4 REPLIES 4

Bea_PA
Explorer
Explorer
We used a transmission pump on a 98 Chevy Venture Van that we towed some years ago. We have a Town and Country but don't tow it. Our friends tow theirs on a dolly.
Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why no confidence in the rebuilt engine or have you lost confidence in the vehicle itself. It's being towed behind you and you will use it around town on your journeys, it's not like you are traveling cross country in it alone which wouldn't faze me. It's set up already to your needs. Maybe you are just tired of it anyway?

michbill
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
Michbill again on the towing topic.
I still have not obtained a new tow vehicle. We are still considering Jeep Grand Cherokee. However, my wife is again taken with the โ€œminivanโ€. She likes the Honda Odyssey. We have been told that 2012, 2013 5 speed can be towed four wheels down without any modification. She also likes the Chrysler Town and Country. They have the โ€œstow and go seatingโ€ which will give extra storage. I know the Town and County will require a Remco transmission lube pump. I am wondering if anyone has experience with the Town and Country and the lube pump?
Thanks
Bill

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
Most vehicle owners manuals have a section on towing. When checking out a vehicle read that first and find out if it can be towed flat four.