cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing

Brancor
Explorer
Explorer
I know this is one of the most talked about questions. I have sold my Summerland Mini 1800bh and looking to upgrade to a bigger trailer. Not wanting to go over 31 ft, would like to stay 25-31. I have a 2011 Chevy Suburban LTZ 8100 ish towing capacity. I plan to get a equalizer/sway bar with this purchase. I am looking at something like a Keystone Bullet 272bhs or Keystone Passport ultra Lite 2670 BH. I am sure there are others and I plan to start looking at others. I don't want to purchase a new vehicle just yet and plan to in the next 2 years. YOUR thoughts on pulling with my current vehicle and size of trailer. Passport Payload is 6960 ish.

Thanks again.
2016 Keystone Summerland Mini 1800BH
4 REPLIES 4

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Newer 6 speed Burb, I'd be good with around 6000lbs for long trips. Bit more if towing locally/infrequently.
Bonus if you have deeper final drive ratios than standard issue.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Rover_Bill
Explorer II
Explorer II
I highly recommend the 2670BH! I took mine on a 4000 mi trip through New England last year and it was just great! Towed really good in the mountains and the flat interstates in New York. Good workmanship and quality for a value trailer line. It's an easy tow with my GMC Canyon (7000# rating). Be sure to setup your WD hitch correctly!
2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Brancor wrote:
I know this is one of the most talked about questions. I have sold my Summerland Mini 1800bh and looking to upgrade to a bigger trailer. Not wanting to go over 31 ft, would like to stay 25-31. I have a 2011 Chevy Suburban LTZ 8100 ish towing capacity. I plan to get a equalizer/sway bar with this purchase. I am looking at something like a Keystone Bullet 272bhs or Keystone Passport ultra Lite 2670 BH. I am sure there are others and I plan to start looking at others. I don't want to purchase a new vehicle just yet and plan to in the next 2 years. YOUR thoughts on pulling with my current vehicle and size of trailer. Passport Payload is 6960 ish.

Thanks again.

Look at the Lance trailers. Light, small and good construction.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Find the at-loaded tongue weight. Compare to the payload rating and passenger/cargo weight in the Suburban.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton