cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trying again

dieselmec
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning everyone dieselmec here have been out of camping circle for a while since my wife passed almost 4 years but some of my friends have been trying to get me back in the camping circle so I purchased a used fith wheel i still had my 3500 ram dully so I will try it with out my soulmate .
Live Simply,Love Generously,Care Deeply,Speak Kindly, Leave The Rest To God! (In Our Heart's Forever Our Companion Maggie.)
8 REPLIES 8

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Jim Shoe wrote:
I'm an only child, never married, and its never bothered me. I may have some cousins somewhere, but I've probably outlived them as I'm now 70 and I was the youngest of the bunch.
My parents were part time RVers in a travel trailer after my Dad retired, and they kept in touch with letters. Sounded like fun. I was able to take early retirement because I could afford it. I still have my home, but I travel in a Class 'C' MH and pull a Jeep toad. Its a lot easier to drive the Jeep up to the MH by myself than backing a tow vehicle up to a trailer by myself.
My house was built to my specifications, and included low point water drains and a stand by generator. No worries about coming home to a freezer full of frozen, but spoiled, food or broken water pipes.
If I want to meet people at a CG, I've found that setting a couple of chairs under the awning with a cooler full of beer and pop between them seemed to be the answer. I've been in all the states but Washington and Oregon, including Alaska, and most of the provinces in Canada.
In my opinion, RVers are the friendliest bunch of folks around. We all have something in common, as well as things to see and do. And campgrounds and attractions to visit and some to NOT visit.

I like your attitude. I've always said, if you're not your own best friend how can you be someone else's.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have camped with someone in your position. Be advised it did take a couple of snowbird seasons for him to adjust and by the 3rd year he was pretty comfortable going by himself. Don't expect things to be the same. They will be different. Go for it and learn to enjoy the experience.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I'm an only child, never married, and its never bothered me. I may have some cousins somewhere, but I've probably outlived them as I'm now 70 and I was the youngest of the bunch.
My parents were part time RVers in a travel trailer after my Dad retired, and they kept in touch with letters. Sounded like fun. I was able to take early retirement because I could afford it. I still have my home, but I travel in a Class 'C' MH and pull a Jeep toad. Its a lot easier to drive the Jeep up to the MH by myself than backing a tow vehicle up to a trailer by myself.
My house was built to my specifications, and included low point water drains and a stand by generator. No worries about coming home to a freezer full of frozen, but spoiled, food or broken water pipes.
If I want to meet people at a CG, I've found that setting a couple of chairs under the awning with a cooler full of beer and pop between them seemed to be the answer. I've been in all the states but Washington and Oregon, including Alaska, and most of the provinces in Canada.
In my opinion, RVers are the friendliest bunch of folks around. We all have something in common, as well as things to see and do. And campgrounds and attractions to visit and some to NOT visit.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
There are RVing groups for singles. They're not matchmaking groups. They are just for singles to get together and they do many interesting activities such as hiking, boating, fishing or just sitting around the campfire.

Here is one that is very popular. It's not for young RVers. It's for 'mature' RVers:

http://www.lonersonwheels.com/
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I'm glad your getting back out there.
I have no idea what those of you have lost your spouses have gone through. It's just unimaginable to me and my biggest fear in life.
That being said, I welcome solo travelers to my campfires and truly enjoy hearing their stories and experiences.

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
I have no problems camping by myself with friends.

It sure beats staying home and wishing that I was out camping. ๐Ÿ™‚
Camp Host, from the other side.

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
dieselmech, welcome back. sorry to know that you lost your mate. It will be lonely camping without her. I ope you will soon get backin the groove and begin to enjoy your times camping. I hope you have a dog. they can bring so much joy and companionship. I am so lucky. I still have my guy, but we also have two small dogs and a grandchild that camps with us. What joy they give us. again, welcome back.
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck, having recently lost my DW I am trying to decide if I can go on camping. All our friends we used to camp with were married couples & I just don't know if I can fit in being a 5th wheel (single) person. Thinking I may give it a try before deciding to sell the 5er. Did not mean to hijack your thread. Again good luck, I hope it works out for you.
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"