cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Vacuum cleaner

den60
Explorer
Explorer
Hi yall, has anyone tried out the new Shark Rotator vacuum yet. They say it's totally sealed and that you get no dust in the air. I have an older Hoover upright self propelled that I really love but every time I use it, I have a ton of dust everywhere. In a enclosed 40' motor home, it doesn't take long to build up. I know that everyone claims to have the best vacuum out there so here's hoping that someone has experience with the new Shark Rotator as seen on TV by the same guy that sells the Ninja blenders. Thanks yall.
2005 Newmar Northern Star 40'
350 Cat, Allison Trans
2000 Honda CR-V Toad
9 REPLIES 9

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Bissell makes sweepers for you boondockers that don't have access to 120V. They work on carpets or bare floors. Not as good a job as electric, but they're human powered, light weight, and they pick up most everything. They can be stored in a very small space. They're also silent.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

ecmom
Explorer
Explorer
I would suggest getting a Miele canister vacuum, it does amazing job.
Here is a list of vacuum cleaner reviews for more information. Dyson and Miele are usually preffered choice among people.

den60
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone for all the great info. I'm leaning more now towards the Shark Navigator. It looks really impressive online and on TV. I haven't found any bad reviews yet. I'm going to take a little longer to think it over but will most likely go with it. As far as ripping out the carpet, I'm not quite ready for that although hardwood floors would be nice, maybe someday.

Thanks again
2005 Newmar Northern Star 40'
350 Cat, Allison Trans
2000 Honda CR-V Toad

carp65
Explorer
Explorer
We have an Oreck Iron Man vacuum. Have had it for over 7 years with no
problems. Very good and powerful suction.

HDrider44
Explorer
Explorer
After not likeing the central vac and not being happy with a small handheld we went with the Shark and are very very happy with it. It breaks down so you also have a carry around system. And I like not having a bag to replace. And no dust. I was amazed and frankly embarrased the first time we used it and saw how much dirt it had picked up on a what we thought was a clean area rug.
We have tile in the front section with carpet on one slide and carpet in the bedroom. And a area rug up front as well.
Dave & Diane and Jack (Our Golden)
2007 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

RoadLife
Explorer
Explorer
We just got our best vacuum ever - ripped out the carpet and put in vinyl plank flooring. The vacuum is now in the basement. Air is cleaner, RV looks a lot bigger too. Highly recommend it.
ROADLIFE

RV Part Timers Blog

2003 40' Allegro BUS - 2 slides
2013 Ford F150 XLT 4X4 OffRoad 2014 XC60 Volvo
Shasta - Australian Shepherd; Boomer - Brittany;
Pancho - border terrier

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Did you do a Google search? Many more readers than this Forum.
Search for `shark rotator vacuum review'.
Better yet take a look at this explanation of a `direct air flow machine' vs a `bypass air machine'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGMrZZaTRSE
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

MeanderMan
Explorer
Explorer
We used our central vac in our 40' MH for years, never being real happy with it. When it quit, I chucked it and bought a Shark Navigator - what a difference! The suction is remarkable, and combined with the beater bar it restored our carpet to almost new. It has a two stage filter, and we haven't noticed any dust at all. The Shark Navigator also comes apart and can be carried around like a small canister vacuum. The quality of the construction is also impressive.
Happily Fulltiming Somewhere
2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
2013 Honda CRV
Our RV Blog

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
Personally I like the old style vacuum cleaners with a paper bag collector. No dust escapes the bag. No fany filter required to catch the dust and require frequent replacement or compressed air cleanings.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed