cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Vent Covers?

alanmikkelsen
Explorer
Explorer
MaxxAir or Fantastic? What particular model of each? Going on a 5th wheel Terry, with three existing vents, including one power vent. Thanks for any input!
Of all the liars in the world, the fisherman is the most trustworthy...
8 REPLIES 8

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Our Arctic Fox had Fantastic Vents so went with their vent covers. Second rig with them have them mostly for not working with rain but also protect against wind. They work as described. My delima may come after I install solar as they could cause some shading.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

JFNM
Explorer
Explorer
I put two of the Fantastic covers on my coach and am very happy with them. Very easy to install, the vents open far enough for the powered fan, and they look good.
JD - Full timer out west
1998 MCI 102-EL3 Revolution | 2010 Wrangler (daJeep) | 1.7kW Solar - 10kWh Lithium
My Adventures

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have installed the MaxxAir and thought it was good. I installed 3 FantasticVents on our new DRV. They are better quality and have no screen so the air actually flows out or in easily. Think about it, if you have a screen on your vent to begin with why add another screen?

More $$$ but worth every $ for sure!!!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

GACamper
Explorer
Explorer
We use to use the MaxxAir on our other campers. I decided not to put any on this one. I found in the past they just collect dirt and trash under them and it was aggravating to clean out from under them. I don't miss them at all.
2013 Montana 3800RE
RV FlexArmor sprayed RV roof..Big Improvement!
A/C, Color TV and a Microwave...Isn't Nature Great?
04.5 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 5.9L

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
alanmikkelsen wrote:
MaxxAir or Fantastic? What particular model of each? Going on a 5th wheel Terry, with three existing vents, including one power vent. Thanks for any input!

I will add to just be sure to get a vent cover that states it is specifically for powered vents. You might lose a lot of airflow if you don't.
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

Fire_Instructor
Explorer
Explorer
I originally installed MaxAir II's on my vents, bit the two that have fans in them on my trailer have FanTastic fans. The MaxAir covers wouldn't open far enough for the FanTastic fans to operate, as they have a plunger switch on hem to ensue that the vent is open when the fan is running. I changed out the two with the fans for the FanTastic covers,

As for which is "better", I FAR PREFER the mounting method of the FanTastic! If I had realized this at first, I NEVER would have bought the MaxAir's.....
Fire Instructor

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We have Maxxair but our particular model does not allow the original vent cover to open all the way. Not sure it limits the air flow but a full opening cover is probably better.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
I prefer the Fantastic Ultra Breeze vent covers. I just installed two on our new Arctic Fox.

Just be aware, if you go with the Fantastic Ultra Breeze, the bug screens are optional and sold separately.