Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veterans Day-Got Any Pics To Share?

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Today is Veterans Day.

Salutations to all who served in any capacity.

I enlisted right out of HS. WTH was I thinking!?!?

Probably that I needed some salable skills if I was going to support a family, and I didn’t have any.

About eight months later, tech school graduate. I’m in the front row, center.

I spent my time working on these at Tyndall AFB, FL

That were used to do this (video approx 4 min long. It’s worth the watch)

H-3 Drone Catch

Promotion to E-5 after about 3.5 yrs.

Feel free to add a few of your own from your time in service!
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!
15 REPLIES 15

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II

My great-nephew's school project for Veteran's Day 2018.

If there was room, he could have added his great great grandfather (WWI) and great great great grandfather (Civil War).
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Alan_Hepburn wrote:
Don't have any photos to share, but my grandfather was Canadian Army in WWI, my father was RCAF in WWII, I was US Army (82nd Airborne!) during Vietnam, my youngest son is currently in the US Navy, and his daughter is currently in the USAF - that makes 5 generations of service for our family...

A proud history for sure. Thank you for yours and your families service

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
Don't have any photos to share, but my grandfather was Canadian Army in WWI, my father was RCAF in WWII, I was US Army (82nd Airborne!) during Vietnam, my youngest son is currently in the US Navy, and his daughter is currently in the USAF - that makes 5 generations of service for our family...
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Well, my thanks to all those mentioned here, and all Veterans.
I'm not one, but I can only do the things I do because they did what they did.

larry_cad
Explorer II
Explorer II

Marine Sgt. James Promersberger and Army Lt. Charles Brown

High school classmates who served in Vietnam, but didn't make it home alive.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

NRALIFR wrote:
Those are impressive tributes to your relatives, Bob. What a wonderful way to memorialize their sacrifice.

Great pictures, all! I love getting a glimpse of other people’s military service. Such a wide range of experiences. :B

:):)

Thank you. It is a great honor to be an "Air Force Brat" as they called the children of the Canadian Military men.
They thought nothing of putting themselves in the line of fire for the task at hand. There is nobody on earth I have a greater respect for than the military people who fought for our freedom.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Those are impressive tributes to your relatives, Bob. What a wonderful way to memorialize their sacrifice.

Great pictures, all! I love getting a glimpse of other people’s military service. Such a wide range of experiences. :B

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!

marty1300
Explorer
Explorer
Great pictures and stories. Thank you ALL for your service
Marty
Marty

My Grandfather:
He fought in direct combat in WW1 in the trenches. He dodged a lot of enemy fire.

My Father:
He was navigator flying on the bomber planes in WW2. Again, he dodged a lot of enemy fire in direct air combat.

My Uncle:
He served in WW2 as well. He was tail gunner on the bombers.

These signs were recently commissioned to be proudly displayed in the home town of these three fine, brave, outstanding men. Maryfield, Saskatchewan. A cousin and myself were richly blessed to be able to pay for our family to be included in this tribute. There are many more signs of other participants.

To my Grandpa, my Father and my Uncle - I salute you sirs and I deeply thank you for your dedicated commitment to keep our country free so that people like myself, my children and my grandchildren may walk the streets in freedom.

I am so proud of what these and all the other fine military men and women did to secure our freedom.
My mother was also a WAC in 1951-52 after the war until she married my father in 52.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Thank you gents (and every other vet) for your service!

I spent some time this morning reminiscing hard about my grandfather, who served during WWII, USAF, stationed in Okinawa.
From a family with very few people on either side who were what I’d consider good people, save for my wonderful parents and a select few others, my Grandpa Buddy was a man among men!
He and my father could not have been better mentors if they tried.
I only wish they had not departed so soon…
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
Here are 2 -

Me & Joey Bishop

Decorations:

Was I ever that young?

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
My bride getting her autograph from Chuck Yeager when she was working the test range at AETE. We both served full careers. Good times...and lots of long hours. 🙂

Angela gets Chuck yeagers Autograph by radar231, on Flickr

Don't know how to post a pic but I had been sleeping under a bridge and riding my thumb for 2 years and went into the Marines on my 17th birthday with parents blessing. I am 80 now and life has been good. I have never slept under a bridge since, Monaco is a step up from that.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
New butter bar a long time ago.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad